Author Topic: RTS with a roof raise and...  (Read 2169 times)

Offline lvmci

• lvmci
RTS with a roof raise and...
« on: July 28, 2014, 07:13:19 PM »
From a distance couldn't tell what it was, very tall, bottom bays, kind like a prevost, sorta like a MCI Renisance, but no, its a rts with a roof and floor raise, bays, wood interior, near Needles, CA, lvmci...
MCI 102C3 8V92, Allison HT740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Brandon has really got it going!

Offline lvmci

• lvmci
Re: RTS with a roof raise and...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 07:16:03 PM »
From a distance couldn't tell what it was, very tall, bottom bays, kind like a prevost, sorta like a MCI Renisance, but no, its a rts with a roof and floor raise, bays, wood interior, near Needles, CA, lvmci...

Offline lvmci

• lvmci
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 07:18:18 PM »
Wood work in the interior...

Offline Oonrahnjay

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 12:14:37 PM »
Where is the door on that bus?
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

Offline Pvoth

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 05:09:16 PM »
right beside the passenger seat.....see the banister

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 07:39:31 PM »
Anyone interested in buying, it is for sale it has a 6v92 right hand engine not a lefty the ZF transmission reverses it for the V drive she needs to sell the ugly thing it has to be moved shortly she paying to park it there fwiw he died before he finished it
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Oonrahnjay

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 05:44:22 AM »
right beside the passenger seat.....see the banister 

Oh, yeah, thanks.  I'm not familiar with that kind of bus - and the photo "flattens" things out so that it looks like the passenger seat is against the right-side wall, but I guess it's more in the middle of the bus.  It looks like a lot of work has been put into it but still ... not my cup of tea.
Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 06:09:00 AM »
I can't decide whether I like it or not. The curved sides remind me a lot of my own bus, and raising the roof ain't easy when there's a curve like that. There certainly been a huge amount of work gone into this, and kudos to the owner/builder for that - and the RTS is probably my all-time favourite bus in terms of the way they are originally constructed as well - they're way beyond other buses in that respect.

The big side windows on this are great (again, very similar to my own), but the windscreen is too short and uglifies the whole bus. And I'd definitely be changing those boy-racer rear lights pretty sharpish if it was mine. On the whole though, and assuming an inspection showed that the work had been done to a high standard, I would probably think very seriously about buying this I was in the market and if the price was right. But then I'd take it apart and install slide-outs

Jeremy
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal