Author Topic: Leads on PD4103 Body Parts  (Read 1033 times)

Offline 2xclutchin

Leads on PD4103 Body Parts
« on: September 17, 2014, 08:35:16 AM »
Like the title says, I'm needing some trim pieces and some front glass. I know the windshields are unobtanium but if I don't put this out there I sure as heck can't find anything.

Off the top of my head:
-Outside drivers side toll window aluminum trim
-Ideas where to find or source window weather stripping
-Drivers and door air scoop glass
-Light glass (all over)
-Bottom engine bay door (piece, section, whatever you want to call it.)

Now I'll admit I'm not somebody with a bunch of moldy money but I just need to start sourcing these things if at all possible.

Thanks everyone
Mike
Nothing beats a 2-Stroke
1952 MoPac GM PD-4103-1353 6-71 DD 4 speed
Work in progress
Thief River Falls, MN

Offline chessie4905

Re: Leads on PD4103 Body Parts
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 03:25:39 PM »
  Any flat glass should be available at any glass company in most tint levels. May need to be ordered though and then cut to fit. They may be able to source some of the weatherstrip. Also check with Luke. Part numbers would be good. If you don't have service and parts manuals yet. Get them.
GMC h8h 649#028 (4905)
Pennsylvania-central

Offline 2xclutchin

Re: Leads on PD4103 Body Parts
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:33:10 AM »
This would be the exterior piece that is missing, well this is where it would go. Can't find a part number for trim parts in my service manual, only for big things.

This is only to show the curved "air scoop" glass I spoke of, and if anybody has the screens laying around let me know they were a factory option. (Like those are still hanging around.)

As you can see here the upper door is open, but the bottom section is missing, right now I use a piece of chip board so I'm not showing off my assets. haha

Will definitely get ahold of Luke, and will check with my local glass man, never thought about that for the flat glass, or the weather stripping.

I also post this so if anybody knows of one rotting away in the woods somewhere, or in a junk yard, hopefully it can be tracked down.
Mike
Nothing beats a 2-Stroke
1952 MoPac GM PD-4103-1353 6-71 DD 4 speed
Work in progress
Thief River Falls, MN