Author Topic: MAK Rally  (Read 12088 times)

Offline Starliner58

MAK Rally
« on: December 20, 2006, 11:36:04 AM »
Anyone know if MAK has set dates for the rally at the caverns?

Wayne

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
Re: MAK Rally
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 08:09:12 AM »
Hi Wayne, I asked this question a while back.  I was a vendor at several of his events and really needed to get it on the 2007 calendar.  MAK did not respond.  I have not seen anything in the magazine.

As you know, he did not have a 2006 rally. 

He typically had the rally in April.  It is really quite late to be announcing an April rally now - at least from a vendor sign-up point of view.

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline Torquester

• Our Eagle  "Twocan"
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 05:56:27 PM »
Jim and others,

How about setting up our own mini rally? The western states do not seem to get a chance to participate without traveling huge distances. I'm not talking about something real big or real formal, most of us don't have the time required to organize such a thing. I would just like to see a few busses get together in one of the many beautiful locations that we have in this part of the country.

anybody game?

Tq
Torquester
1974 Silver Eagle, 3406 Caterpillar, South Dakota

Offline bobofthenorth

• R.J.(Bob) Evans
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 06:54:38 PM »
Maybe - depending on the location & timing. Late April to the end of June would work best for us.
R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)

The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you.
Its the last thing but its still on the list.

Offline Melbo

• MC8 under construction
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 09:11:54 PM »
I am way too busy now to think about a get together but would make every effort to show up for a western get together.

Melbo
If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF

Offline larryh

• 4905A-893 P8M
  • ready to run with the big dogs
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 03:54:43 AM »
I'm interested in a West side Rally and here in Quartzsite AZ and there is plenty of room and Blm dry camp area's sewer dumps and water to fill with. am retired now or is thaat retarded so have the time.

LarryH
Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 07:22:04 AM »
I would love to do a Western area rally.  How about someplace like Nebraska or Oklahoma or Colorado?

Offline TomC

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 07:44:39 AM »
Personally would like to see something in the Calif or western Ariz area.  Oregon is a two day drive, as is New Mexico, Colorado.  Three days for Kansas, Oklahoma.  Grand Canyon Caverns was nice for a couple of get togethers, but there is not much else to do there.  Years ago we had bus get togethers at Laughlin, Nv with a BIG turnout.  Quartzite would be a natural since it is already in place.  Just stayed at the KOA at Circus Circus in Las Vegas-would be another possiblity.  Any number of fair grounds, like in Rickreall, Or, but down south here.  Just thoughts.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline edvanland

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2006, 08:59:39 AM »
Quartzsite would be a good place.  As stated there is a lot of space and things to do.  Janurary and Feb is when the big doings are.  I plan on going there in the middle of Jan and will look up othere bus nuts.  The rally doesn't have to be a big deal.  Just set a date and decide on the location then all who want to come, just come.  With a bunch of busses together we would probally provide our own entertainment by talking, showing, helping and maby doing a little fibbing about things, not to mention maby a cold one or two around a camp fire.
ED
MCI 7
Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 09:59:35 AM »
Quartzsite would be a good place.  As stated there is a lot of space and things to do.  Janurary and Feb is when the big doings are.  I plan on going there in the middle of Jan and will look up othere bus nuts.  The rally doesn't have to be a big deal.  Just set a date and decide on the location then all who want to come, just come.  With a bunch of busses together we would probally provide our own entertainment by talking, showing, helping and maby doing a little fibbing about things, not to mention maby a cold one or two around a camp fire.
ED
MCI 7

Years ago several bus groups had a rally at Quartzite in January. I attended several Eagle rallies there. I do not know if the Eagles still have their rally there or not.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline bobofthenorth

• R.J.(Bob) Evans
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 10:06:50 AM »
Oregon, Utah, Colorado is probably about as far down as we would be prepared to travel.
R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)

The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you.
Its the last thing but its still on the list.

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 10:30:23 AM »
Tim, I wish I had the time to plan something, but I can barely keep my head above water right now.  I thought that having the bus on the road would help, but it just creates a huge list of things to do.  Trying to grow the business also absorbs most of my time.

There is an Eagle International (FMCA Chapter) rally in your back yard: Colorado Springs (Sept 28-30).  They also have the yearly rally in Quartzsite (January 18-20) and a rally in Albuquerque (Oct. 5-7).

Anyone wishing to join the chapter should contact Dave St John:  nmp at fash *dot* net
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 02:30:29 PM »
And you do not have to have an Eagle to go to an Eagle rally. Bunch of nice folks and great food.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 03:34:16 PM »
Hi Richard, there was a similar discussion about an Eagles International rally a few months ago.  I kind of got on my SOAP BOX last time and pointed out that some of the Eagle International rallies are in campgrounds where the space may be limited. 

As you point out, other types of buses have attended.  I would suspect that there would be no problem with them attending provided that they REGISTER and that all of the members have had the opportunity to sign up.  It is, after all, a function primarily for the members and folks who are interested in becoming members.

I am not in a position to speak for the group (I am a member and will attend all three 2007 functions).  However, I must be careful to make sure that my original post is not construed as offering Eagle International functions as a general bus rally.  My intent was to let Eagle owners who are not members as well as potential members know about the rallies.
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 04:09:55 PM »
I have not been at an Eagle rally for several years. The one at quartzite is a big open area and proom for dozens of busses. I think we generally had 20-30 busses.
Richard

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal