Author Topic: Does anyone know this Busnut  (Read 2303 times)

Offline rayshound

Does anyone know this Busnut
« on: December 26, 2006, 12:53:22 PM »
I was driving close to home today as I'm on vacation and someone driving an Eagle passed me by. It had Texas plates, blue/geen in color plus original Aluminum siding. In the letter box in front cap it says "Macon" on the sides of the bus in large letters it spells out "Texas" I do not know one year Eagle from the other. The tag axle is first than drive axle all the way to rear. I guess what struck my fancy is a few things. The bus looked good going down the road. No smoking, looked and sounded good and one thing he has that a lot of us do not have yet is he has a running bus that he is enjoying now! One of these days. Ray

Offline Tom Y

• 80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress
Re: Does anyone know this Busnut
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 06:48:49 PM »
 Ray,  No idea but how is the S60 coming? Hope you are spending more time on it than I am on mine. I am just getting back to mine after 8 months.  Happy NEW YEAR   Tom Y
Tom Yaegle

Offline rayshound

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 08:36:19 PM »
Hi Tom;
        Doing great I guess. Same problem eigther time or money. I've been on vacation for the month of December and got some stuff done. I installed the new rearend 2.69 ratio. I've got the HT-748 ATEC coupled to the S-60. I've had it in & out a few times for measuring. Rebuilt factory mci8 driveshaft and kept same distance. Made the rear alittle longer to put radiator on rear like stick & glue. If I would have went with side mount radiator I could have kept same bus rear but I got tired of researching eigther mech or hyd gear box etc so now it is like Jerry Russell on his Eagle or a stick & glue. I sure wish Jerry would return my e-mails! Bought a Kent Moore simulator for a ddec 3&4 which I can plug in to engine ecm and run engine from box don't need bus wiring so I hope to start engine soon. I am looking for a maximun feature interface so the ATEC trans can share the throttle pedal & speed sensor, I'm having trouble with anyone knowing what I"m talking about even though it's in the DD manual. Where do you stand on yours? Happy Holidays              Friends Ray

Offline RTS/Daytona

• Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10
    • BUS CONVERSION PARTS FOR SALE / PROJECTS
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 05:16:52 AM »
Ray

Hopefully this will help - here's a picture of the device my RTS 6V92TA DDEC2 used to interface to my v731 ATEC computer

Pete RTS/Daytona
If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

Offline rayshound

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 02:14:26 PM »
Thanks Pete, & I may have to use that. What I would really like is what DD has in there manual. It is a little module with 4 plugs that match the ddec4 harness comm loop and the other plugs match and plug into ATEC harness where a mech/electrical device or I should say TPS which normally bolted to the mech govoner on a two cycle engine. The S-60 has no linkages just plugs. If I can just get the part # I can order it. DD wants my engine vin # to order parts. It would show a Volvo truck with a 18 speed or something. They have no way they say of just looking up parts unless you have there part #. If I go this way and build my own I would need weather proof inclosure since it goes close to where 2 cycle govener is located & I would need to cut off and splice 4 plugs. DD manual offers two model modules a vehicle interface module or a maximum vehicle interface. The first one is basic and no cruise control the second utilizes the series 60 electronic cruise control. Thanks again Ray

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal