Author Topic: Arcadia -- Curious -- Who's There?  (Read 3844 times)

Offline Christyhicks

• 1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL
Re: Arcadia -- Curious -- Who's There?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 06:03:31 AM »
So, is that better than jumping on the turnpike for a short time and then taking 19/33 down?  I didn't know the state of the roads.  Christy
If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 11:15:51 AM »
Guys and Girls,

Take I-75 South.  Below Tampa, (North of Sarasota), take hi-way 70 straight into Arcadia.

Good road all the way.

Be Safe,

Bill

In Winter Haven, Florida
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline Linda-XL40-FL

• Night Coach
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 12:17:37 PM »
Christy, you'll make better time on I-75.  The other route will take you into congestion in the Auburndale/Lakeland area and then you'd have to slow down through all the little towns along the way. 

Offline Christyhicks

• 1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 01:15:15 PM »
Thanks, Linda, that's exactly what I was wondering. :D

I kept looking at the map and seeing a straight shot down from Lake City, avoiding a major urban area on what could have been a Friday afternoon (if Larry hadn't turned out to be such a driving fool and hanging in there for more miles a day than I anticipated  ;D ).  On the other hand, we did have to drive state roads in Louisianna for a little while, and although it cut at least 50 miles or more off our trip, it was rough and slow-going through all those small towns.  Also, having driven places like LA and Houston, and many, many times through Dallas, (which is bumper to bumper even on slow days :P ), well, let's just say that we avoid congested big cities as much as possible.  Larry says he faces enough challenges in his life that trying to find a 60' opening on Hwy 635 on a Friday afternoon just isn't his bag of tea! ;)

I figured someone from the area would have a better feel for whether it was worth dropping down through Winter Haven or not.    You answered my question and I guess I'll make it easy on him and stick to Hwy 75.  So, next question. . . does anyone know of a good truck/bus wash????? It's pretty bad when you have to put on rubber gloves just to open the car door! :D

Christy Hicks
If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!