Author Topic: Arcadia Pictures  (Read 8350 times)

Offline Danny

• 87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...
    • Personal Web Page
Re: Arcadia Pictures
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 05:31:08 PM »
Great pictures - Thanks...  I hope we can make it next year!

Danny
I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)

JerryH

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 05:33:18 PM »
Craig:

Thanks for posting the photos -- "Casey" made the photos!!  (Casey is our dog for those who didn't meet her -- a "K-9 BusNut").
Good seeing you again after our pass thru to your home via ND > PA.

So let me share this with others --- So Jim & I decided to bug out of Bussin' '06 after lunch (on the 30th).  Needed to head north and meet up with family for New Years and our eventual trip home.  Anyway ... walked around in advance of leaving trying to say "bye" to friends, but unfortunately did miss a few (Sorry!).  So we head out in our MC-8, head to Rt-70, deciding to stop at "Tractor Surplus" store (never been in one).  After checking out what they have and offer, we get back on the bus, I sit down in the drivers seat and there's a note under my wiper blade, dead center on the drivers windshield.  The note, from Craig (aka: Gumpy) said to see him before I left and included his cell number.  So I call him and tell him we left and were a few blocks away.  He damn near convinces me that he put that note on BEFORE we drove out and that he watched me leave ... not believing that I drove out without seeing the note.  So I am sitting there thinking, "Holy crap" did I really miss this note, ultimately driving almost 2-miles before seeing it?  Well he finally told me he saw my bus in the parking lot when he went to the local McDonald's and stuck the note on while we were in the tractor store.  You big Jerk! :D

I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful holiday.  Hope your journeys home were uneventful!

Jerry H.

Well, I'm sitting here on the last evening of the rally, linked up on a wireless satellite connection (not mine). I moved my bus over here so I could upload the 160 or so photos I took of the gorillas in the mist. The HTML is all written, and the photos are all sized, and I was prepared to let it run all night to get them uploaded. Unfortunately, my web site is not responding properly to FTP. Not sure why, but it looks like it'll have to wait till I get home sometime around February.  Sorry....

But it's been a great week!

craig

FLASH

I just found another FTP client that seems to be working...

There may be photos up on my website by morning. The url will be http://gumpydog.com/Bussin_2007/bussin_2007_index.htm

craig

Dreamscape

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 07:06:58 PM »
Ditto, Ditto, Ditto Gumpy!

Great job! Thanks for posting for those of us who could not make it.

Hopefully next year we will be able to go and have some fun.

Happy Trails,

Paul and Becky

Dreanmscape

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 07:18:21 PM »
Craig:

Thanks for posting the photos -- "Casey" made the photos!!  (Casey is our dog for those who didn't meet her -- a "K-9 BusNut").
Good seeing you again after our pass thru to your home via ND > PA.

Jerry,
I want to show you something. You'll see why I fell in love with your pup...

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 07:28:34 PM »

So let me share this with others --- So Jim & I decided to bug out of Bussin' '06 after lunch (on the 30th).  Needed to head north and meet up with family for New Years and our eventual trip home.  Anyway ... walked around in advance of leaving trying to say "bye" to friends, but unfortunately did miss a few (Sorry!).  So we head out in our MC-8, head to Rt-70, deciding to stop at "Tractor Surplus" store (never been in one).  After checking out what they have and offer, we get back on the bus, I sit down in the drivers seat and there's a note under my wiper blade, dead center on the drivers windshield.  The note, from Craig (aka: Gumpy) said to see him before I left and included his cell number.  So I call him and tell him we left and were a few blocks away.  He damn near convinces me that he put that note on BEFORE we drove out and that he watched me leave ... not believing that I drove out without seeing the note.  So I am sitting there thinking, "Holy crap" did I really miss this note, ultimately driving almost 2-miles before seeing it?  Well he finally told me he saw my bus in the parking lot when he went to the local McDonald's and stuck the note on while we were in the tractor store.  You big Jerk! :D

Dude!  You're just to gullible!  Folks, this note was smack in the middle of his windshield, and he's thinking he missed seeing it for two miles. I'm concerned that this guy's driving a vehicle that big!  ::)

Marc and RJ thought it was a good joke.

However, I was standing outside my coach when you went by, and you didn't stop to see my shower or say goodbye.

Glad you made it home safely. Too bad about your belts. Make sure the new ones are a matched set, and that your pulleys are aligned properly.

craig
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

JerryH

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 04:36:37 AM »
Dude!  You're just to gullible!  Folks, this note was smack in the middle of his windshield, and he's thinking he missed seeing it for two miles. I'm concerned that this guy's driving a vehicle that big!  ::)

Marc and RJ thought it was a good joke.

However, I was standing outside my coach when you went by, and you didn't stop to see my shower or say goodbye.

Glad you made it home safely. Too bad about your belts. Make sure the new ones are a matched set, and that your pulleys are aligned properly.

craig

Craig: 

Wow, your dog DOES look like a relative of Casey.  As far as the note ... when you get in your head it's time to bug out ... your gone.  But yeah, when I was driving by, I just didn't see you.  If you really wanted  me to stop, you could have thrown yourself in front of the bus ... the "thud" would have gotten my attention :D

Why not drive past us on your way home to MN.  Only slightly out of your way.

Jerry H.

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
    • bus.gumpydog.com
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 05:12:24 AM »
Wow, your dog DOES look like a relative of Casey. 
She's no longer with us. She was my best friend for nearly 14 years and your pup has the same attitude, and demeanor as Punkin had, including carrying around here "bunny" toy. She's the namesake of my website.

As far as the note ... when you get in your head it's time to bug out ... your gone.  But yeah, when I was driving by, I just didn't see you.  If you really wanted  me to stop, you could have thrown yourself in front of the bus ... the "thud" would have gotten my attention :D

Yeah, you didn't even see the note!!  :o

Why not drive past us on your way home to MN.  Only slightly out of your way.

The thought has crossed my mind. I'll let you know if I decide to. I thought I might go ping Boeing for a short term job.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2007, 02:01:32 PM »
Thank you for sharing!

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift