Author Topic: I've thrown my hat in the ring with the insane  (Read 6277 times)

Offline andy

I've thrown my hat in the ring with the insane
« on: January 08, 2007, 06:25:14 PM »
I drove out to PA on Friday and bought my dream.  A 1985 model 10 Eagle that had been widened to 102 and stretched to 45 feet and has been moth-balled for 10 years.  It is in excellent shape - no rust.  6V 92 with an automatic transmission.  Drove home Sat. got great mileage and no problems.  I want to thank Mike Kaylor and his dad Tom for a great experience in buying my bus.  It's time to go to work now.
Thanks to everyone who helped me on this board.  I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions.
Andy

Dreamscape

Re: I've thrown my hat in the ring with the insane
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 06:34:20 PM »
Congratualtions Andy!

I know how it felt when I drove my Eagle home, what a feeling, like no other!

Good Luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 06:34:44 PM »
What was your mileage?

Offline andy

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 06:41:13 PM »
I got 7mi. per gallon also do you no what kind of oil presure should I have   60????

Offline redbus

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 06:50:40 PM »
My 6V92 holds 60 at about 60 MPH. 10 to 15 at idle after all day driving.
Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/

captain ron

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 12:17:43 AM »
I drove out to PA on Friday and bought my dream.  A 1985 model 10 Eagle that had been widened to 102 and stretched to 45 feet and has been moth-balled for 10 years.  It is in excellent shape - no rust.  6V 92 with an automatic transmission. 

This bus sounds real interesting. Please post pictures if you got any

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 05:39:17 AM »
I drove out to PA on Friday and bought my dream.  A 1985 model 10 Eagle that had been widened to 102 and stretched to 45 feet and has been moth-balled for 10 years.  It is in excellent shape - no rust.  6V 92 with an automatic transmission.  Drove home Sat. got great mileage and no problems.  I want to thank Mike Kaylor and his dad Tom for a great experience in buying my bus.  It's time to go to work now.
Thanks to everyone who helped me on this board.  I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions.
Andy
Tell us about it!
How did you find a jewel like this? Has the interior conversion been done? Did you have to buy new batteries? How hard was it to get started? Did you have to drain the fuel? Inquiring minds want to know all the details.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Green-Hornet

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 05:44:28 AM »
I am jealous 8)
I need pics! At least until I can get one of my own.

Offline Eagle

• 1985 Eagle
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 12:28:09 PM »
Andy if I can be of any help give me a shout.

JCB

Offline bobofthenorth

• R.J.(Bob) Evans
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 12:58:06 PM »
My 8-92 has good oil pressure but my experience with them has been that the ones with oil pressure at idle are an anomaly.  I remember the trip home from Kelowna with our new baby - what a rush.  I had to climb Roger's Pass but that was a picnic compared to navigating downtown Kelowna on the first day of ownership.  Congratulations and welcome to the nut house, institution, fraternity. 

R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)

The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you.
Its the last thing but its still on the list.

Offline andy

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 03:18:37 PM »
I was looking on the website at staley in nashville and it was in the for sale by owner. I called Mike and asked for pics. He said he had a spare 6v92 and gave me lots of extras. A friend I made looking at his 86 102A3 in lafayette went with me to PA to look at the bus when we both saw it in the shop WOW!!!!!!!   It turns out that Mike and his Grandfather were working on the bus together they had installed all new skin including all new alumium. Sadley enough Mikes grandfather passed away and I think lost intrest without him by his side. I can understand my PAPAW and I were very close. Anyway I am so Happy to have found Mike and what I concider the deal of my life   so far anyway. It was a rainy nasty trip there and back but somehow the uneventful trip home was the best 500mi I have ever driven. I"m waiting for a nice day to take some pics to show you guys. MAN ITS AN UNDISCRIBABLE FEELING!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline brojcol

• Jimmy
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 05:38:05 PM »
MAN ITS AN UNDISCRIBABLE FEELING!!!!!!!!!!

My friend, this is the only place on earth that you won't have to try to describe that feeling!  We have all felt it at some point or another.  You are breathing rarified air on this board!  There are some very knowledgable people from all walks of life with all different points of view.  Hang on for the ride. 

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 04:48:54 AM »
Congratualtions Andy!

Sounds like your trip home was the ride of your life, we know the feeling...

Get used to alot more great feelings like that. We are all here to help ya get more! Lol.

Nick Badame-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 06:31:08 AM »
Andy - Welcome Aboard.   ;D

We are glad to have you here.  The folks on this board are like gold!  When I had my first "I'm Stuck" situation - I didn't call Good Sam - I called one of my buddies from this board - ( thanks again Nick! ) and he put out the word to the rest of the members.  Nothing like it!

Kind Regards, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline ChuckMC9

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 08:31:39 AM »
MAN ITS AN UNDISCRIBABLE FEELING!!!!!!!!!!

My friend, this is the only place on earth that you won't have to try to describe that feeling!

brojcol said it all... welcome!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal