Author Topic: Aftermarket mirrors  (Read 458 times)

Offline Darkspeed

Aftermarket mirrors
« on: July 17, 2017, 01:21:07 PM »
I got my hands on a set of almost free mirrors and I was wondering if they would fit my 4106, as my oem mirrors are in sad shape.

I know the arms may be too short but they are really nice heated / electric / camera mirrors so I thought I would give it a go.

Mount them on the side? in front?

Think these would work or do I need longer arms?

4106 6V92TA MUI + V730 8" Lowered Floor & Polished > http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=24673.0 QuietBox > http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=29946.0
It's all math and metal...

Offline Zephod

Re: Aftermarket mirrors
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 02:03:40 PM »
I got my hands on a set of almost free mirrors and I was wondering if they would fit my 4106, as my oem mirrors are in sad shape.

I know the arms may be too short but they are really nice heated / electric / camera mirrors so I thought I would give it a go.

Mount them on the side? in front?

Think these would work or do I need longer arms?
They look nice. I believe they're called Eurostyle. At the bottom of the mirror is a ball connector. Those often detach from the arm, allowing you to attach to your existing arms.

Mine are a compromise. I've got a west coast setup but I swopped out the circular convex for rectangular convex as they were cheaper and just as good. The originals were unusable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Carpenter 3800 1994 on a Navistar 1994 chassis with a DT466 and alinson transmission.

Offline Utahclaimjumper

Re: Aftermarket mirrors
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 03:35:50 PM »
 The mirrors usually seen on the 06 are Ramco and have a circular base mount the uses the original mount holes on the 06.. It looks like you will have to select a position for these mirrors that will allow you to drill the holes in a spot that will give you a firm mounting and still be in a position to be usable,,then fill the old holes with a SS 1/4 20 countersunk screw.>>>Dan
Utclmjmpr 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed