Author Topic: bus for sale... not mine  (Read 1081 times)

Offline Bigtop

bus for sale... not mine
« on: October 23, 2017, 09:40:58 AM »
I noticed this was still available.  It is stripped and ready for a build it looks like.
This is not my bus and I am not associated with the seller in any way, just seen it and thought I would share.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1701159563522566

Jim

« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:48:13 AM by Bigtop »
Jim Fulfer
PD4106-2516
8V71/????
Tolono IL

Offline eagle19952

Re: bus for sale... not mine
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 10:29:52 AM »
I noticed this was still available.  It is stripped and ready for a build it looks like.
This is not my bus and I am not associated with the seller in any way, just seen it and thought I would share.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1701159563522566

Jim
$6,750
Viewed by 464 people
PLEASE READ THE POST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS .
This is a conversion I started . It was to be apart of a Missionary Service at a point in my life that now has changed .
It is a 1978 , It has a 4spd tranny in it . With a Silver Detroit 8v71 with Blower non turbo . I bought it 11 yrs ago . From a bus service in Memphis . I was told it had a new clutch and the Motor was fresh when they took it in on trade from the college . { They didnt give me any proof , but it ran great all the way from Memphis } It has been gutted , It has new  Virgin Goodyears . Was put on before Trade in . Has a new rear cap on rear to cover rear windows , . I have it set up for rear bed . { not installed } Bunks have been installed , not finished , I have all the windows , just in case you want to change window location . I have new steel for the driver side to dress up the black where windows was removed . It  was a southern route bus . So not rotted out . It has new floor sheeting down . I have new exterior lights for it , It is 40 ft front tag rear drive .
I have 2 roof mount AC units to go with it 
It will need new batterys  { I will buy them , IF and WHEN I have a serious buyer } For the right agreeable price >>>
It will be sold as is where is . It is road worthy with out the windows in it . Everything has a price . The more you want done to it , The more it will cost .
Please read the post before asking questions .
All tags will be deleted . Share it to the persons page .
$7500 is the price , If you don't have the money don't ask the question . Less
Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 N, DD, Allison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.

Offline brmax

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 11:47:56 AM »
Sounds to me simply that there is the availability of a builder or constructor, it is possible that the location is also exactly that. So the pursuit of this should only be started in a professional way. I would always promote respect is earned, and respectfully first with questions of standards.
And I always like the Cardinals

Good day
Floyd
1992 MC9
6V92
Allison

Offline Bigtop

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 11:51:35 AM »
I agree.
He seems he is wanting to unload it, and whether he buys the batteries and you pay for them, or you bring batteries is up to you.  As i re-read it though, I agree that he also is willing to continue the build for someone else if they are going to put up the money.
I'm close enough that if anyone is interested, I could arrange to go look at it to see how legit the sell is.
Jim Fulfer
PD4106-2516
8V71/????
Tolono IL

Offline Geoff

• Geoff & Sherry's RTS Conversion Pics
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 06:21:48 PM »
You can take it with a "silver"  8V71 ???? and write a check.  Isn't that how it works????

--Geoff
Geoff
'82 RTS AZ

Offline buswarrior

• '75 MC8 8V71 HT740
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2017, 09:32:34 AM »
New virgin Goodyears, 11 years ago...

Bus is worth scrap value, plus a small kiss if all that other stuff isn't junk.

That's the reality, the busnut hobby takes no prisoners, and offers no quarter...

Happy coaching!
Buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area