Author Topic: How to use Google on the forum  (Read 66069 times)

Offline Luke Wilson

How to use Google on the forum
« on: June 06, 2014, 08:43:28 AM »
Hey all,

Just a quick tip I thought I'd share, because it's helped me search the massive archive of bus awesomeness that is this forum!  ;D

For all the great info here, the site has some serious SEO issues. You know that if you've ever tried to search the site, basically all of the results are threads in the "wap" or "wap2" format (super-old mobile versions), or the printable version without clickable links or anything.

Soooo, if you want to use Google and get results that go to the actual original thread instead of inferior versions, here's what to do:

(search terms) site:www.busconversions.com/bbs/ -wap -wap2 -printpage

I search this site enough that I saved this bit of Google magic as a keyboard shortcut on my iPad (gbc, "google bus conversions" ;) ).

Hope it helps someone!

Cheers,

Luke
Luke Wilson
1981 MCI MC-9
Traverse City, MI

Offline csrddcd

Re: How to use Google on the forum
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 04:53:48 PM »
Well, even though this tip is almost 4 years old, I find it very helpful. Thanks Luke.
Chuck
SE WI, TX Hill Country or somewhere between.
1982 MCI-9, #36935, repowered by Series 50, Allison B500R, converted 2006, 3.73 gears (goes too fast - need to switch to 4.11 or 4.56)
Purchased Jan 2017, upgraded plumbing, batteries and electrical systems in 2017, other improvements on-going.

Offline PP

• Will & Wife
    • Bookworm
Re: How to use Google on the forum
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 09:09:58 AM »
That's a great tip. It works on other forums also. But if everyone used it we wouldn't have all the great conversations here that we do  :'(
Thanks, Will

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal