Author Topic: Want to look at some conversions  (Read 4227 times)

Online windtrader

Re: Want to look at some conversions
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2018, 09:40:39 AM »
Personally, I would not worry about any seasonal cycle to bus inventory. There are so many all year round I really doubt it influences pricing for coaches in your price range. For much newer coaches coming out of fleet service, this may apply.
Don F
1976 MCI/TMC MC-8 #1286
Fully converted
Bought 2017

Offline buswarrior

• '75 MC8 8V71 HT740
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2018, 10:39:14 AM »
Seasonal cycles and the chances of mechanical fitness can have a connection.

Buses traded or parked in the beginning and middle of high season, were done so for reasons that a busnut may not want to inherit.

Especially in the Schoolie arena, picking up the bus the day after the school year ends, right from the fleet that owned it from new, is worth every penny...

Happy coaching!
Buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area

Offline Iceni John

« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2018, 05:15:44 PM »
Especially in the Schoolie arena, picking up the bus the day after the school year ends, right from the fleet that owned it from new, is worth every penny...

Happy coaching!
Buswarrior
And that's one of several reasons that I chose my bus.   It was with Mid-Placer Public Schools from new, and like all (I hope) school buses in California it always received very good maintenance to keep the CHP terminal inspector happy  -  those guys are VERY fussy!   Plus it had only 274,000 miles;  any MC9 I could afford could have up to ten times that mileage, probably with sketchy maintenance for its last few years in revenue service.   Mid-Placer's transportation garage has a good reputation, so I think I got a good 'un.

John
1990 Crown 2R-40N-552 (the Super II):  6V92TAC / DDEC II / Jake,  HT740.     Hecho en Chino.
2kW of tiltable solar.
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.

Online Jim Blackwood

• Maker of cool things
  • 1996 MCI 102DL3
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2018, 07:24:28 AM »
Do all of the big transportation companies sell their old buses to resellers, or can an individual buy from them?

If an individual can buy from them, can anybody name a good company to buy from? (hopefully in the southeast)

I saw that Eagle in TX that is being sold by the widow. Heck of a deal it looks like but I still need to sell some stuff to raise the cash so I'm working on that. Got a motorcycle or two that can go, bunch of old coins. Won't be able to do any really serious prospecting until that's done. Also sorta got my heart set on a D series, but willing to look.

Jim
Information, without Knowledge, is useless.