Author Topic: Pneumatic manual mechanical valve / switch  (Read 141 times)

Offline Branderson

• Retired Army, 1974 MCI8, 6V92
Pneumatic manual mechanical valve / switch
« on: May 24, 2018, 01:05:07 PM »
I have a switch on my dash that lifts and closes a wood flap type thing.  This flap lays over the steps so the passenger can rest their feet on something instead of hanging in the air over the steps.

The switch is ran by two air hoses.  I don't know if this is standard in peoples busses or not.  Anyway, it dry rotted and the switch broke so I ordered another one (which was a complete pain to find on the net)  Pic below.  Turns out this one didn't have long enough thread to bolt on the other side so I had to order a different one. 

As you can imagine, I know nothing about pneumatic switches and don't know any lessons learned except I probably don't want to loosen the hoses while the bus is aired up.  What I noticed is that there are switches that are 3 ways, 4 ways and up.  The one I have is a 3 way and has one hole plugged.  There are two air hoses connected to it, one on each side.  My guess is that it should have been a 2 way but those are even harder to find so they got a 3 way and just plugged a hole. 

I'm just wondering if anyone here has messed with these kinds of switches and if there were any things I need to watch out for.

- Brad