Author Topic: Insurance [get popcorn]  (Read 288 times)

Offline opus

Insurance [get popcorn]
« on: June 05, 2018, 01:49:26 PM »
I pay $296 a year to insure my "RV".  I just called to check on my renewal.  They asked if there were any other licenses drivers in the house.  I said funny you ask, my daughter just got her license the other day.  He asked if she was going to drive, I said no.  He said he would send me a form to sign, with a $5 invoice to EXCLUDE her.  I questioned him, etc.  He said he had no idea, its just what they do.  I said ok.

He said my new renewal will be $450.  I questioned the $150 increase.  He said its because my daughter was excluded.  I questioned that.  He said we could add her but it would be considerably more, but I'll check...for giggles.  $350 a year, with her as a covered driver.  He said MT rates went up all around the board this year, which is why my bill went up $50.

So, its cheaper to have a 16 yr old driver than to have a 16 yr old non-driver.....said no one ever, so I thought.

I think I need a nap....
1995 BB All-American - A Transformation.

Offline oltrunt

• A fine BCM outting
Re: Insurance [get popcorn]
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 04:54:14 PM »
Good grief--I think I need a lobotomy ???  Jack

Offline chessie4905

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 05:27:55 PM »
Yep, when you have a young one hit 16, your rates increase whether they drive or not. We went through this several years ago. When they do drive, get them a car that you don't put collision insurance on.
GMC h8h 649#028 (4905)
Pennsylvania-central

Offline eagle19952

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 06:25:36 PM »
Yep, when you have a young one hit 16, your rates increase whether they drive or not. We went through this several years ago. When they do drive, get them a car that you don't put collision insurance on.

my daughter, 4 years older than her brother wrecked my 1989 MK VII then my 1990 Thunderbird SC. When my son turned 15+ he came to me and asked "Are you going to hold Misty's mistakes against me"..... I couldn't control my laughter.... He got dirt bikes...ones without license plates..   ??? ;D ???
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 06:29:50 PM by eagle19952 »
Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 N, DD, Allison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.

Offline DominicM

• 67 MCI
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 06:45:31 PM »
When getting insurance for my MCI, the insurance company notified me that I was in an accident last year.  After a long discussion of me notifying them that I would have remembered the accident, it finally was revealed that my son was in the accident while on my policy. The insurance company got it mixed up who was involved so I get stuck with it.   After a discussion with my son and the insurance we deemed it cheeper for the accident to be on my record than on his.  I pay an extra $50 a month due to it, he already get raped by the insurance companies being under 25, and having a speeding ticket. The insurance company was more than eager to pin it on his record, and very disappointed when I told them I don't want to dispute it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 04:19:44 AM by DominicM »
67 MCI 5A
I live in Nashville, have an apartment in Baltimore, and Reside in my 5A in Big Spring TX at the moment,  Will update as I move around.