Author Topic: Part #s  (Read 3416 times)

Offline eagle19952

Re: Part #s
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 08:45:59 PM »
Dont really get the attitude eagle...you took issue with my comments about fuel treatments in today's trucks..these trucks need it, my customers are furious if we run out, many change fuel filters weekly. Luvrbus took the time to explain the difference in my 81 and todays trucks. I didnt know, thats why I asked. Thanks again, Luvrbus..
Then Im talking with chessie about my options for hub oilers.
I sell truck parts.
I can buy at cost.
Im glad.
Apparently you have an issue with that too.??
Ive had my bus since Monday---so excited---one downer issue all week, guess what that was "hero" eagle
thin skin ?
I thought telling the cost was an offer, after all you sell stuff.
I just figured if you sold additives you'd know where to put them.
PS. you said you are a Meritor distributor and I found it odd you need advice ordering Meritor parts.
Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 N, DD, Allison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.

Offline OKIE9ERS

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 07:02:48 AM »
My first question in the this thread was if anyone knew how to identify the bearings and seals in my bus.
I am a distributor for Meritor, Timken, Federal Mogul(National seals, among other things), Stemco,Webb, Con-Met, Firestone, to name a few, and all of which make parts for my bus, but none of which offer an application guide for my bus. So yes, I need some help. Being an aftermarket distributor, some dealers refuse to help us with identification. They want the end user to come to them for parts. The aftermarket is the enemy of oe.
I'm not above calling mci for help. I also asked, "will they help?"
Maybe I am thin skinned. I treat people, customers, and suppliers, and new aquantences, with respect. I learned a long time ago that I dont know everything. I thought this forum was a place to aske questions, and learn. Everyone else who replied seemed intent on helping. You, on the other hand, were critical of me even asking the questions, or of me sharing a price for something...
Thank you again, everyone who helped me, and again, eagle, Im sorry for taking up your time.
'81 MC-9 8V-71
4SPD DANA

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2018, 10:00:21 AM »
Don't worry about the lubrication oil or fuel on a 2 stroke,the primary fuel for those were No.1 fuel for years you can probably see that on the tank. No 1 fuel is basically kerosene not much in kerosene and they did fine for many years using No 1 fuel   
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline eagle19952

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2018, 10:51:30 AM »

Thank you again, everyone who helped me, and again, eagle, Im sorry for taking up your time.

I would have thought the ISI or IBI would have that info.

http://www.interchangeinc.com/seals.html

http://www.interchangeinc.com/bearings.html

https://www.partscrossreference.com/default

When I was in the biz, I had these.
Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 N, DD, Allison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.

Offline OKIE9ERS

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 11:26:38 AM »
Thank you...interchange isnt the issue though, bearing numbers are industry standard, timken, bca, f/m, stemco, aĺl use same #s, ie; HM218248.
I was hoping to identify and have on hand before pulling the hub off.
Crawling around underneath this weekend, everything looks weird. The drums, the shoes(bolt on linings). The massive torque rods. I dont think there's anything like this being used today.
Thank you sir
'81 MC-9 8V-71
4SPD DANA

Offline brmax

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 11:51:09 AM »
One way or another this information cost. Someone has access to part numbers and if need be as you probably know being you sell parts. Walking back and pulling the part, or re-packaged part to visually see the bearing number.

Like I said its a pain, I totally understand so finding a parts tech person to cut the red tape is what you need. Another problem nomatter what, equipment is different, and so are parts techs that know well, that eqp. type.

Sometimes the next vehicle in the shop will be tore down in common form for simple stuff and low and behold the parts wont work because an update, so it sits in the way! When the tough one later found out was a breeze, thats the way it typically rolls.

Have a good day

Floyd
1992 MC9
6V92
Allison

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal