Author Topic: OT: Wanna buy a campground?  (Read 24513 times)

Offline bubbaqgal

OT: Wanna buy a campground?
« on: February 08, 2007, 08:48:50 PM »
Is there anyone or group of busnuts that want to buy a campground?   Lake Honeydew Campground is being auctioned off next month.  One of the busnuts here suggested that maybe some of you would like to go in together and purchase the campground, do some work on it and have a campground and a haven for busnuts to stop at when traveling.  Right now Dallas and I are trying to find some other place to hold our Timmonsville Rally in May.  If the new owner does not keep this as a campground we will not be able to hold it here.  Right now I know of 1 person that wants to look into buying it and 1 other person that would love to go in with others to make a group purchase.  If anyone is interested, just let us know.  Cat
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
Re: OT: Wanna buy a campground?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 09:46:13 PM »
If its serious sale (absolute auction) I'd be interested in looking at it (tried to email but couldn't)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 05:15:02 AM »
Yes it is a serious auction.  If you can't email me, you can email Dallas and he can give you what information we have.  Cat

Offline 4104bigred

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 05:52:44 AM »
look guys just last week I posted a bus for sale on this board and got my chops in trouble.
so what gives with this for sale post still on here??????

chris

Dallas

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 05:58:50 AM »
Chris,

It's not a for sale post. It's information on an upcoming auction, just as ebay posts are.

It also has in no way shape or form anything to do with personal gain or profit.

Dallas

Offline 4104bigred

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 06:27:32 AM »
ok thanks for clarifing that dallas

chris

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 08:50:37 AM »
It's the perfect "Half Way House" for us in the north east when traveling to florida.

Hummmmm :o

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Kristinsgrandpa

• 1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 05:55:31 PM »
Wow......

Now if I just knew where Lake Honeydew Campground was located???????

Isn't it just east of Lake Havasu AZ?

Ed

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 06:13:54 PM »
Yes, it is east......way, way east.  As in SC kindof east.  Near where I-95 and I-20 cross, not far from Florence SC.

Offline oldmansax

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 05:17:39 AM »
I and another investor looked into buying a campgournd in NC a few years ago. According to the owners, it was making money; however, their books did not support that contention. It appears that some of the cash did not make it into the records. The fact that the books did not show a profit made it impossible to obtain reasonable financing. That said, with enough investors, you can finance anything. I think campgrounds as a whole will be money making ventures considering the many baby-boomers that are taking up camping. Being able to camp there is just icing on the cake. I would be interested in participating in this venture if it is feasable. How do we proceed?
1995 Wanderlodge WB40 current
1985 Wanderlodge PT36
1990 Holiday Rambler
1982 Wanderlodge PT40
1972 MCI MC7

Offline Ace

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 06:32:20 AM »
I think if the campground in question is going to go for around 50-60K then 50 or 60 busnuts can come up with a grand or two each, and become partners in a business venture that would be affordable, fun, exciting, and at the same time saving a campground that could just be the next million dollar plus business that you only read about after it's too late IF it's marketed right and run right!

If each has to put up more than a grand then it would deter others from getting involved. Keeping it at a grand would get more and more involved and that just makes it easier to get into a business venture for those thathave never done so!

Sure there will be those greedy ones that want it all but I say keep it equall.  ;)

Ace... count me in for 1-2K

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40

Offline Ross

• www.newindsports.com
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 07:40:07 AM »
I think if the campground in question is going to go for around 50-60K then 50 or 60 busnuts can come up with a grand or two each,

No offense Ace, but a business venture with 50 partners????  The only way it would work would be to condo the sites so each investor owned thier site...and nothing more than thier site.  If each person owned a share of the entire property, you'd have 50 pissed off people most of the time.  Try to get 50 people to agree on anything and you'll see what I mean.  The only way would be to buy with as few partners as possible who you trust blindly.

Option two would be for a "corporation" to buy it then sell shares.  Share holders would profit if the business profits, but just like in the real world, the board would control the business.

Ross

Dallas

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2007, 08:53:53 AM »
I was just going to mention that it could be done somewhat like a co-op, with a board of directors to do the actual governance of the property and leave the day to day operations to whoever manages it.

A number of sites could be set aside for the use, primarily by investors on a first come, first served basis.

At this time, there are 20 sites on the end I am at, and about 15 sites on the other end. Beyond those sites are about 10 more under the trees that the present owner started to build last summer. I guess he got fed up with costs and quit work on those before getting the sewer in.
All sites except 2 are 30A with the two exceptions being 50A.
There is a 5 acre lake stocked with Cats, Bass, Brim, Shiners, Blue Gill, etc. Around this lake a road runs about 9/10ths of the way.
There is room around the lake to put maybe 30 or 40 camping spots with full hook up and maybe 40 or 50 more with electric and water only.
Much of the brush clearing was done this fall, but there are still large piles of scrap trees and brush that must either be burnt, cut up for firewood or hauled off.
Cutting up the for firewood may be a way to supply campers with wood for campfires, at a nominal charge.
There is a shower room for both men and women, each one having 3 showers.
Two Toilet stalls in the mens room and 3 in the womens.
There is also a 2 story, 2 bedroom house that needs some renovation, but could be used as a residence for rental or whatever. The story I heard about it is that it was originally a barn and was turned into a house With the downstairs interior being made of rustic board and batten.

If anyone is interested in pictures, I could take some and post them, just let me know what you would like to see.

Dallas

Offline Ace

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2007, 10:48:04 AM »
Yea Ross that makes more sense! Don't know what I was thinking if I even was!

It would be nice to own your own spot though! I like that idea!

Ace
Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40

Offline phunckie

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2007, 02:28:02 PM »
I was just going to mention that it could be done somewhat like a co-op, with a board of directors to do the actual governance of the property and leave the day to day operations to whoever manages it.

A number of sites could be set aside for the use, primarily by investors on a first come, first served basis.

At this time, there are 20 sites on the end I am at, and about 15 sites on the other end. Beyond those sites are about 10 more under the trees that the present owner started to build last summer. I guess he got fed up with costs and quit work on those before getting the sewer in.
All sites except 2 are 30A with the two exceptions being 50A.
There is a 5 acre lake stocked with Cats, Bass, Brim, Shiners, Blue Gill, etc. Around this lake a road runs about 9/10ths of the way.
There is room around the lake to put maybe 30 or 40 camping spots with full hook up and maybe 40 or 50 more with electric and water only.
Much of the brush clearing was done this fall, but there are still large piles of scrap trees and brush that must either be burnt, cut up for firewood or hauled off.
Cutting up the for firewood may be a way to supply campers with wood for campfires, at a nominal charge.
There is a shower room for both men and women, each one having 3 showers.
Two Toilet stalls in the mens room and 3 in the womens.
There is also a 2 story, 2 bedroom house that needs some renovation, but could be used as a residence for rental or whatever. The story I heard about it is that it was originally a barn and was turned into a house With the downstairs interior being made of rustic board and batten.

If anyone is interested in pictures, I could take some and post them, just let me know what you would like to see.

Dallas

This sounds pretty good, Dallas.... I'd probably be interested in doing that....
1969 Eagle 05

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal