Author Topic: Live Bus Crash on Video right link  (Read 3071 times)

Offline wvanative

Live Bus Crash on Video right link
« on: February 08, 2007, 09:59:40 PM »
Hey guys,

Sorry guys the last link was wrong  Don't know what I did wrong. But herethe right one. This is a real eye opener.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDTLo-nDsUQ

Dean
WvaNative
Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning

Offline TomC

Re: Live Bus Crash on Video right link
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 04:33:46 AM »
A sticks and staples would have disintegrated.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

JerryH

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 04:38:58 AM »
You've got to love people who pull out in front of you -- and that guy never stopped (nice).  We have a hill here (on a major 2-lane highway) where on the downhill decent, people are always pulling out in front of trucks and large vehicles from smaller side streets.  

Knowing that, I am vigilant and reduce my speed "just in case."

Yeah, that's an eye opening video.

Thanks for sharing,
Jerry H..

Dreamscape

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 05:35:21 AM »
And the guy the bus hit kept on going! Did not even stop to assist in any way! I hope he got caught.

That was very much an eye opener.

Hope none of us exerience that.

Paul

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 07:12:37 AM »
Not only did he not stop but speed away at a faster speed ! Watch the "clock" on the video as he's leaving he hits 110 KM while other traffic is being "clocke around 60 KM". And on top of thst he's honking at the oncoming traffic alerting them to the accident he just caused but didn't stop for! Wosrt part of it all was the screen was blurry when the tag # was in the right place to be read! I hate people who do stupid stuff like that!
BK  ;D

PS If anyone needs any used parts for a 35' Setra, I'm sure there are some avaialbe from this bus !
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline RJ

• VantarĂ© Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 07:48:17 AM »
Have seen this video before, and it's scary!

Bus Driver made a major mistake in this situation:

He tried to swerve to avoid the collision on a wet road.

Had he kept going straight, sure, he would have crunched the car, but the bus would have remained upright and probably few, if any, passengers would have been injured.

Defensive Driving tips from this video:

ALWAYS try to keep the bus moving straight ahead when possible.

AVOID sharp evasive manoeuvers, especially during inclement weather conditions.

ANTICIPATE other drivers doing something foolish.

I used to teach (preach?) this often to the transit drivers I trained.  During my tenure, there were a couple of accidents where the driver did, in fact, keep the bus going straight when he/she knew there was no way to avoid the collision except get on the brakes.  In each instance, there were just bumps and bruises to the bus passengers, nothing major.

We cannot become complacent behind the wheel of these things!

FWIW & HTH. . .

;)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 08:15:03 AM »
To add to this post,
While I was at Fred Hobe's house yesterday, Fred received word that relatives of freinds he has was involved in bus accident just a few days ago that also totaled their bus. I do not know of the particulars as yet, no one was killed, but it involved being hit by a tractor trailor.  This bus was carring a faily of (13) kids and two adults.  15 people that live full time in this bus and now have no more home.  I am sorry I do not have more information on this yet but if Fred is not up to posting it as he receives it I will try and give you more informatin also.  I was expecting to see this accident on the BBd today but I have no idea where it happened either at this time. 

I can't imagine this family losing any memeber of their family while traveling in their full time home like this, luckly no one was seriously injured as I know of it now at least, and there was a baby only a few months old also involved and I sure hope and pray that all will come out alright, I just can't imagine having this happen to my family let alone a family of 15.

I will post anymore info I get and watch for any news of it on board from those where it may have happened just a few days ago.
Gary
Gary

Offline JAX_N

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 08:35:00 PM »
they blurred that screen to keep us from seeing the plate i becha ,,
i'm not going to say if anyone knew who was driving that car they would have them nailed to a tree for driving away - but do i have to?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal