Author Topic: OTR what are other using in place of OTR  (Read 1080 times)

Offline scanzel

OTR what are other using in place of OTR
« on: August 22, 2018, 04:21:06 PM »
Just has Prevost service center in New Jersey do some work on my over the road air, said they found problem and fixed it, lasted 4 days and then no freon. Had a very HOT drive to Myrtle Beach last Monday, Presently battling with Prevost service on bill after they claimed to have fixed it. How is everyone cooling their bus while traveling. Need some input before I just rip it out. What about Welch industries are they good or bad. I need something wife was not happy in a bus with no air for 12 hours. :(
Steve Canzellarini
Myrtle Beach, SC
1989 Prevost XL

Offline richard5933

Re: OTR what are other using in place of OTR
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 04:49:33 PM »
We just paid a few grand to have the compressor in our OTR system changed out. Fortunately the rest of the system was in great condition and seems to be holding up (knocking on wood as I type).

If it leaked out that quickly it would seem that they should have caught the leak or they did something wrong in the repair process. I'd keep pushing them to see if they can actually fix it, as I don't know of anything that will cool as well as OTR.
Richard
1974 GMC P8M4108a-125 Custom Coach "Land Cruiser" (Sold)
1964 GM PD4106-2412 (Former Bus)
1994 Airstream Excella 25-ft w/ 1999 Suburban 2500
Located in beautiful Wisconsin

Offline muldoonman

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 05:11:55 PM »
Working on mine as we speak. Found a hose in front, drivers air that snakes down from evaporator/expansion valve that was leaking. Prevost quoted me a ton to redo the  system. Figure they didn't want to work on it.  Have/bought a new/rebuilt O5GBus Compressor but found a seal in mine was all it needed. If anybody needs one.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 05:24:24 PM »
Prevost AC techs just know how to push the F/C on the HVAC panel and read a code and go there and fix the problem it been that way for the last 15 years.LOL is pretty neat though letting the electronics do your work   
Life is short drink the good wine first

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal