Author Topic: MCI 102c3 roof raise or not?  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Jcparmley

Re: MCI 102c3 roof raise or not?
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2018, 01:54:28 PM »
What Eccotemp model do you have?
Jc, tankless water heaters are great for hi water use, mine is propane gas less than 5" thick, tall and thin, by eccotemp. Several versions, even battery powered, lvmci...

Offline lvmci

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2018, 03:03:17 PM »
I actually got a 110AC model, got a 12V to 110AC cheap and can use it off battery power or pole power, takes some adjustments to get it right, but has been great. Power is used for digital temp, ignighter and rotating valve, very small power consumption, there is a 2D cell battery model! lvmci...
MCI 102C3 8V92, Allison HT740
Formally MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643

Offline sledhead

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2018, 03:26:48 PM »
I like the water boiler myself .

I have had a propane furnace and it worked good but was on and off a lot and made a fair amount of noise and went through a lot of propane

I tried the electric water heater but took way to long to reheat after only one shower .

we drive south in late December so most times it is cold and I like to have more then 1 option for heat and hot water . we do have a 12.5 k diesel genny but if there is a problem and it will not run then what ?

if I keep having problems with my 20 year old aqua hot unit I am doing research now as to what to replace it with .

what I would like to do is install a 95 % efficient home style propane tank-less boiler + a boat 6 gal. 120 volt heat exchange water heater for a heat buffer zone so the boiler will not cycle as much .
 a simple manifold for the 3 or 4 different zones needed
60k-80k btu should be lots of heat to do heat and water heat and the cost for a good unit is not to high
all in this should be less then the 5k $ for a replacement diesel boiler 

I was originally going with a diesel boiler but the price is to much and efficiency was crappy 60 -70 %

this way I would have more then one heat and hot water source if something were to fail

might not be your way but for me I like redundancy

ps   on the MCI the infloor heat was awesome and in 10 years I never had any problems

dave

dave , karen
1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide .... sold
2000 featherlite vogue vantare 550 hp cat
 home base huntsville ontario canada

Offline TomC

« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2018, 06:38:09 AM »
With my propane forced air furnace, I wanted to keep all ducting above floor. When I built my kitchen cabinets, I made the kick plate 6". Now I had room to run the 4" insulated ducting evenly spaced. Starting about 10ft back from the front all the way back to the rear bedroom-installed 4 outlets. I have an Atwood that has the bigger blower (quieter) and electronic ignition. The main reason I replaced the old Atwood was I left it on and it ran continuously for 2 weeks-the blower motor didn't like that. Rather than just replacing the blower motor, I bought a new one since it had a larger blower that ran slower and electronic controls that prevents run on without ignition. If the unit doesn't sense heating, the blower will turn off in 2 minutes-hence I won't have the same thing happen again if I leave it on for 2 weeks. Good unit.
On my truck I'm using the biggest Suburban-mainly because they have the option of a small outlet only showing instead of the bigger inspection door of the Atwood. Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline chessie4905

• Platinum Donor
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2018, 07:30:35 PM »
Put a small short drip edge spout out from the exhaust port so it doesn't stain the side. Use stainless.
GMC h8h 649#028 (4905)
Pennsylvania-central