Author Topic: Recreation.gov  (Read 957 times)

Offline oltrunt

• A fine BCM outting
Recreation.gov
« on: December 15, 2019, 06:02:00 PM »
Hello All.  I couldn't believe that I actually managed to locate a camping spot in Yosemite for a week in May '20!  I follow camp site openings closely as RG opens the next batch of camp sites and despite being johnny on the spot with the opening bell, this is the first time I've ever been able to reserve a camp site on the first try.  I usually have to piece together a stay one day at a time in a process my wife calls "whack-a-mole".  Any savings my lifetime Senior Pass provides is soon eaten up by cancellation charges for sites I have given up playing whack-a-mole.

What kind of luck have you had with Recreation.gov?  Jack

Offline Dave5Cs

• BCM Subscriber
Re: Recreation.gov
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 06:27:02 PM »
Thanks Jack bookmarked it. Have never used the site before. When on the road the wife generally just looks up a place in our Passport America catalog or one of the other sources we keep in the bus or on phones computers etc then calls and tells them how far out we are and do they have a spot for however many days. We have been very lucky. Haven't camped much in California though except near the Delta.
"Perfect Frequency"1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71,644MT Allison.
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 60th Anniversary edition.
1998 Jeep TJ ,(Gone)
 Somewhere in the USA fulltiming.

Offline Fred Mc

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 09:12:03 PM »
We don't us Recreation.gov but do use Washington State park reservation which is probably similar although the "window" is 9 months out whereas theirs is 6 months.
Washington opens their window at 7AM 9 months out.I have practiced to see what works best.i.e. 1 second prior to 7am, 2 second etc. Its generally a crapshoot but we have been successful a number of times. At one second prior to 7AM both my wife (on her computer) and myself on mine hit the enter button. I'm sure there are others doing the same thing but it works for us(sometimes).

Regards

Fred

Offline chessie4905

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 03:54:06 AM »
Ahaa. I'll bet you are the ones I've been outbid by on Ebay.lol
GMC h8h 649#028 (4905)
Pennsylvania-central

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal