Author Topic: Help me if you can  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Beatenbo

• 1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power
    • The Beatenbos
Help me if you can
« on: February 16, 2007, 09:23:56 PM »
I have a friend who travels in ministry as we do.  He is not involved in any boards on the internet.  He called me tonight with a problem.  The first problem is he has booked a northeast five week tour this time of year.  God help him!  The problem tonight is a front airbag situation.  He left Munsey, IN today heading for Salisbury, MD across I-70; somewhere in the Columbus Ohio stop and go traffic, something went down on the front suspension.  I do not know if he had an airbag to burst or what; but the whole front end is down.  I am thinking it is an airbag.  He has just had the front leveling valve replaced 2 weeks ago; He is driving an MC-9. 

So my request for help is:  does anyone know of a bus repair shop or company in the Salisbury MD area that could either replace the bag or repair whatever the problem is. 

At the time he called me he had already driven about 150 rough miles.  I do not know how much more he could tear up driving a bus on the frame with the air out of the bags.  It doesn't seem like the right thing to me, but he owns the bus and knows very little about the mechanics.

If anyone can help, I will call him and relay the information to him.  Thanks to everyone for reading this post.  Have a blessed day,  Charlie.

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
Re: Help me if you can
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 01:41:31 AM »
He could possibly pull one front wheel up on a curb so he can get under there and look safely.

If he turns the bus of and listens for hissing could tell if its a bag or not.

Could be as simple as the connecting rod to the leveling valve arm came loose and needs to be put back. or an air line wasn't tightend to the valve.

He should be SUPER CAREFUL and not get in a position to get squashed.  That could happen real easy.

I'm not sure sure where your buddy is but He could try Luke at USCoach 888 262 2434

Good Luck,

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline mikeH8H-649

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 05:29:13 AM »
Charlie,Bruce and Ross with Diamond State Coach are only about 1/2 hour away from Salisbury Md,they are in Harbeson DE.and should be able to help your friend out,you can give them a call at 302-542-4464 they are very reasonable and do excellent work   Mike

Offline oldmansax

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 05:49:47 AM »
Pritchert's Repairs is in Cambridge, Md. They used to own a bus line but the owner retired & sold out. Their mechanic, Paul Dixon, still runs the shop. I have not had any work done there but I know he kept all of the buses running. 410-228-8587 shop & 410-463-2428 cell. I live about 40 miles from Cambridge if I can be of any help. Check my profile or webpage for contact info.

TOM
1995 Wanderlodge WB40 current
1985 Wanderlodge PT36
1990 Holiday Rambler
1982 Wanderlodge PT40
1972 MCI MC7

Offline Beatenbo

• 1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power
    • The Beatenbos
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 07:44:48 AM »
You guys are the greatest!  I just talked to my friend and he had a miracle take place. After about 2 hrs of being beat with no air bags he stopped to dump his holding tank and when he got back in the bus the bags aired up. My guess is some trash got in that new leveling valve. For right now he is riding smoothly. I gave him these numbers so he could get checked if need Monday. Thank all again and blessings, Charlie B.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal