Author Topic: Tanks for the Memories (holding tanks for Chaz)  (Read 2979 times)

Offline ChuckMC8

• 1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM
Tanks for the Memories (holding tanks for Chaz)
« on: February 17, 2007, 06:23:50 AM »
Chaz had requested info on tanks in another thread, so I'll make a new one-
Heres the best deal I found on tanks- This supplier has two identical tanks, 105 gallon, the holding tanks has a 3.5" Hole for da potty, the fresh tank does'nt (That'd be baaad!)
   $189 each plus shipping, ask for a deal on shipping 2. Fedex brought mine. These are good folks to deal with and the tanks are excellent. They fit like they were custom made for MCI, should fits others well also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fresh-Water-Holding-Tank-105-Gallon-RV-Trailer-H2O_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50073QQihZ007QQitemZ170080267559

With these installed in my bus (older foto....no paint!) there was room on the other side of the bay for my "Tim Taylor" tool box  (Arrrrrrrhhhhhhhgggghhh!) $309.00 for all at Sears.

I want to replace my outside "Shower" fixture with a stainless faucet that had a fold in the spigot( Lets see if I can make that where it makes sense) The spigot has two sections that "fold" out so that the the spigot is 12" or so long and will make the water drop on the ground instead of in the bay. Anyone know where to get one? It would be a commercial kitchen item rather than a household unit.

The pipe between the holding tanks is an aux shower drain that now has a hose attachment on it so that I can turn the valve and discharge shower water on the ground instead of in the holding tank. We use the bus for guest at home and discharge the shower water in the woods.

HTH, Chuck

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
Re: Tanks for the Memories (holding tanks for Chaz)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 07:46:18 AM »
 Tanks Chuck!!!  ;)
    Seriously, I appreciate the effort!!! I'll check that out. It's time to start setting my  mechanical/electrical/water layouts up.
    Time for a new thread!!   ;D

Chaz
Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein

belfert

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 08:42:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure sure these are the same tanks I have in my bus.  The tanks are by Ameri-Kart I believe.

I recall the same Ebay seller had these for $225 shipped around April last year when I was looking for tanks.  I bought the same tanks for I believe $159 or $169 from RV Surplus/Salvage at their store in Elkhart.  They probably ship them too.

Brian Elfert

Offline gus

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 07:40:55 PM »
Chuck,

I've had one of these shower pipes for years. It was given to me by a friend, was made in Europe and was very expensive at the time. It is in our guest bathroom and everyone loves it.

I recently saw one at Home Depot for a fraction of that price. I plan to get one as a spare. I call it a folding/adjustable shower pipe, they are ideal for all heights of people and all kinds of uses.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 07:14:44 PM »
I want to replace my outside "Shower" fixture with a stainless faucet that had a fold in the spigot( Lets see if I can make that where it makes sense) The spigot has two sections that "fold" out so that the the spigot is 12" or so long and will make the water drop on the ground instead of in the bay. Anyone know where to get one? It would be a commercial kitchen item rather than a household unit.

HTH, Chuck

Just thought Chuck,  you could mount your faucet to a drawer slide so it slides out when you use it.
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline Lee Bradley

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 08:53:41 AM »

Offline Ednj

• Ed & Sue Skiba
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 09:36:08 AM »

I want to replace my outside "Shower" fixture with a stainless faucet that had a fold in the spigot( Lets see if I can make that where it makes sense) The spigot has two sections that "fold" out so that the the spigot is 12" or so long and will make the water drop on the ground instead of in the bay. Anyone know where to get one?

HTH, Chuck

[/quote]

www.mcmaster.com  p/n 2924K19
MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal