Author Topic: Forum ignore features  (Read 952 times)

Offline Krash

• Administrator
Forum ignore features
« on: July 28, 2020, 04:21:50 PM »
In another topic someone posted 'bring back the ignore button', Gary asked me to look into it.  Not sure what that is, there are two core features that allow members to ignore boards or other members:

Ignore Boards Option

This page lets you ignore particular boards. When a board is ignored, the new post indicator will not show up on the board index. New posts will not show up using the "unread post" search link (when searching it will not look in those boards) however, ignored boards will still appear on the board index and upon entering will show which topics have new posts. When using the "unread replies" link, new posts in an ignored board will still be shown.

Buddies/Ignore List

This area allows you to maintain your buddy and ignore lists for this forum. Adding members to these lists will, amongst other things, help control mail and PM traffic, depending on your preferences.

I've enabled both, you can see them in your Profile.  Never used them, so not sure how they work, but Ignore Boards seems pretty straightforward.  Ignore List seems to have mostly to do with controlling PMs.  There are several old mods that add some additional ignore functions, if I knew what you had here may be able to reinstall it.

Offline CrabbyMilton

Re: Forum ignore features
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 03:55:55 AM »
Never quite understood that option. If you don't want to read a post, then just don't read it. Oh well.

Offline freds

• 1980 Prevost Original Motorhome
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 08:12:45 AM »
Read the ones you like and then use the "mark all messages as read" button.

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 05:55:23 PM »
I don't really like the "ignore" option.  I'm afraid my wife will use it on me.
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline Van

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 12:09:11 PM »
I don't really like the "ignore" option.  I'm afraid my wife will use it on me.

Maybe a "Reclaim my time button? :D
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal