Author Topic: Blocks of wood a good idea?  (Read 1786 times)

Offline sledhead

Re: Blocks of wood a good idea?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2022, 05:28:11 AM »
" I thought I was funny,,,,
Van wins the funniest thing of the day!!
Still chuckling about it an hour after I read it. "

x2

lost some coffee over this one

thanks
dave , karen
1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide .... sold
2000 featherlite vogue vantare 550 hp 3406e  cat
1875 lbs torque  home base huntsville ontario canada

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: Blocks of wood a good idea?
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2022, 09:03:57 AM »
Yes I thought it was funny too!
But I'm totally happy with a foot or more of sun, but not snow!
Back in my younger days when I was in much better shape I drove tow trucks and snow plows! And I LOVED SNOW! But as I got older and run down my bad knees hurt badly when it snows or rains for a long period of time while it's cold out or just in extreme cold period!
When I moved ti Paducah, KY from Indy my 4X4 Willys truck had a "THINK SNOW" license plate on the front of it and everyone thought I was crazy! Until the first time it did snow there and then they were convinced I was CRAZY!
I was just out there just busting my butt running call after call and the dispatcher sent me out by the airport to recover a van that had slid off the road and was resting on top of a culvert. She told me to look it over carefully and to see if I could retrieve it without damage. She also said 3 other wrecker companies had already been out there and told the owner there was "no way they could do it, but Howard Brothers might be able to it, with their hydraulic wrecker" (this was the winter of '89/90 and at that time we were the only wrecker company that had hydraulic wreckers. I drove one an the bosses son drove the BRAND new one. All the other wreckers around were Holmes 440 or 480's)
Anyway I pulled up, got out looked it over and the woman that owned it met me 1/2 way back to my truck an asked "if I was going to be able to do it without hurting it?"
I told her sure I just need your keys and a few minutes to get rigged up and I'll have it right out of there. SO I re-positioned my truck got out and jumped into the ditch, hooked my chain up an turned around an there was a microphone in my face. A news woman from the local news channel had been following and filming me for the last couple hrs. She asked me (while I was chest deep in a ditch full of it) "What do you think of all this snow?"
I scooped up all the snow I could an threw it in the air yelling "I LOVE IT!"
I finished recovering the van, put my gear away and waved as I drove off!
Later that evening the company owner came on the radio and said "Hey 9, you didn't tell us you were a movie star!" (9 was my call # and they had opened the evening news with that clip of me yelling "I LOVE IT" and then showing me at work the last couple of calls before that one and it too!)
But age and health have put an end to me "PLAYING" in the snow. I still get out dressed very warmly and take someone with me in my 4X4 pulling people out of the ditch when it snows, but I let the younger smaller guys do the hooking and unhooking when you have to kneel or lay down it it.
:D  BK  :D

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal