Author Topic: Infaltion and rebuilding a 2 stroke engine  (Read 7475 times)

Offline epretot

Re: Infaltion and rebuilding a 2 stroke engine
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2022, 04:48:46 AM »

Lol I waited 2 days for some one to catch the auto fill that miss spelled inflation

Don't you hate that? Now it will remain for eternity on the internet.

2000 MCI 102 DL3
Loveland, OH

Offline chessie4905

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2022, 04:54:25 AM »
And here I thought he was talking about ED. lol
GMC h8h 649#028 (4905)
Pennsylvania-central

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2022, 06:04:40 AM »
And here I thought he was talking about ED. lol

You should read the words when I am trying to post talking to this thing when Buddy the standard poodle hits me and spills hot coffee in my lap
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Van

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2022, 06:45:42 AM »

You should read the words when I am trying to post talking to this thing when Buddy the standard poodle hits me and spills hot coffee in my lap

Lol! Is that what we just heard?  ;D
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline muldoonman

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2022, 08:31:46 AM »
Well,  when the spelling challenged 2 Stroke Bus Guru starts driving a 4 Stroke Motorcoach you know something is in the air.  ;D

Offline Tedsoldbus

• Life is not a rehearsal. Get your bus on the road.
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2022, 09:07:28 AM »
Too funny epretot! (And I had to look at your name twice to make sure I spelled THAT right.)

Maybe the sudden parts doubling is a conspiracy to get us off the road? Or they hate us because we can't spell! For example, we all think DEF means we can't hear. They hate us  since we don't need to fill up with DEF. They can't make us park our buses, so to get rid of us, parts get too expensive. Like raising the price on ammo since the second amendment is pretty hard to change.
Chessie is right. I think we get ga ga and just buy one. I love my little bus. I can't help it. Fortunately it is running great right now and I maintain fluids and all that important stuff, but I will stop helping the nieces with college and re-power my bus before I give up on it. Brian Santin repowered his Flxible with something newer, better and way too fast. (I hear he just had to order wheely bars).  In the 18 months we have owned "debt", we have redone the interior (mostly done by us) a new fridge by the Amish which works great, a new inverter and, and , and. We are not made of money, but when valve covers cost more than a 330 Cat and 5 speed Allison....I'm going in.
1980 shorty (35') Prevost
6V92  HT 740
Lake Nottely Ga
Bus name "debt"
Education is important, but having a Bus is importanter...

Offline chessie4905

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2022, 10:24:19 AM »
Well, at least we GM guys can get a new v903 for repower. Don't  know if a LH one is still available, but that can't  be insurmountable.
GMC h8h 649#028 (4905)
Pennsylvania-central

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2022, 10:38:34 AM »
Well, at least we GM guys can get a new v903 for repower. Don't  know if a LH one is still available, but that can't  be insurmountable.

A later model bus with the series 60 would be a cheaper route,with oil closing at $84.00 a barrel yesterday headed for a $100.00 a barrel, people won't be driving their bus much anyways 

Offline richard5933

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2022, 10:52:54 AM »

A later model bus with the series 60 would be a cheaper route,with oil closing at $84.00 a barrel yesterday headed for a $100.00 a barrel, people won't be driving their bus much anyways

Lots of naysaying going on...

Not the first time oil prices were high, not the last time. People thought all the buses would be parked the last time oil prices got over $100 yet here we all are.

Long after the next price hike, and long after EVs become the norm and gas/diesel vehicles are the rarity, people will still enjoy vintage vehicles.
Richard
1974 GMC P8M4108a-125 Custom Coach "Land Cruiser" (Sold)
1964 GM PD4106-2412 (Former Bus)
1994 Airstream Excella 25-ft w/ 1999 Suburban 2500
Located in beautiful Wisconsin

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2022, 11:00:03 AM »
Lots of naysaying going on...

Not the first time oil prices were high, not the last time. People thought all the buses would be parked the last time oil prices got over $100 yet here we all are.

Long after the next price hike, and long after EVs become the norm and gas/diesel vehicles are the rarity, people will still enjoy vintage vehicles.

A lot of buses were sold and parked in 2007 lol so we are not all still here

Offline richard5933

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2022, 11:11:28 AM »
Be interesting to see a listing of how many bus conversions were on the road in 2007 vs. now.

My guess is that the two main reasons most left the road are owners aging out and the vehicles having an issue which was beyond the financial ability of the owners to deal with. And of the two, the biggest reason is owners aging out and loosing the ability and/or desire to carry on with the bus. Combined with this are owners who passed on and their families were left with a bus they knew nothing about which either fell into disrepair or simply rotted into the earth.

Fuel prices? That might have pushed some off the road in 2007/8, but prices have dropped considerably since then. If anyone's sole reason for taking their bus off the road was fuel prices, they should have recovered from that. Any taken off the road because their owners got hit by the economic downturn would be a separate issue as things like that affected all RVs, not just bus conversions.

There are at least half a dozen guys doing active searches right now looking for their first bus. New people are still joining the ranks, many looking for vintage buses.
Richard

Offline Utahclaimjumper

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2022, 12:17:52 PM »

why start at 2007?? how about 1990 ??..>>>D
Utclmjmpr  (rufcmpn)
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2022, 12:28:07 PM »
I follow some of the new people of F/B seems like the buses that get finished are all school buses,the ones that buy the vintage buses always seem to pop up for sale again. We would go to rallies like Bus'n USA there would be 150 converted buses now you see less than 50 buses at rallies on a good turn out 30 is about the norm for rallies now   

Offline richard5933

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2022, 01:08:46 PM »
I follow some of the new people of F/B seems like the buses that get finished are all school buses,the ones that buy the vintage buses always seem to pop up for sale again. We would go to rallies like Bus'n USA there would be 150 converted buses now you see less than 50 buses at rallies on a good turn out 30 is about the norm for rallies now

That's true for other RV and motorhome rallies as well. We were surprised how small the crowd was at the FMCA rally we attended, and that was before the pandemic.

I don't think you can judge anything by rally numbers. People aren't joiners any more, not even for local clubs and such. Everyone wants to do his own thing and connect with others through a tiny screen. I don't get that.
Richard

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2022, 01:23:25 PM »
FMCA with the cost of their rallies caused a lot people to pass when you start paying 50 bucks a day for power it sucks we stopped going to FMCA rallies 10 years ago,FMCA is trying to hang on even with admitting travel trailers it doesn't look good for FMCA,I hate to see it happen I been a member for years and it was fun for a long time   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal