Author Topic: Which rally?  (Read 5349 times)

Offline busnut_texas

Which rally?
« on: May 15, 2007, 07:25:24 AM »
Can someone tell me what the largest rally for bus conversions is? I am trying to decide which rally(s) we should go to this year. We don't have a bus yet, but would like to start talking to people and looking at what others have done.

Thanks,
Jeremy
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same." -  Maryanne Williamson

Offline H3Jim

• 1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison
Re: Which rally?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 07:33:31 AM »
I think the Bus'N USA rally in Rickreal Oregon gets about 150 converted buses. July 11-15.   I have no idea if its the largest, but it is a good one.  and its put on by some guys you'd like to meet. 

Jack Conrad's in Florida around the 1st of the year is also a really good one.
Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 09:14:19 AM »
Busn' USA and our rally both have about the same number of busues in attendance. Busn' USA is in the Northwest in July. Our rally is in the Southeast during the last of December/first of January.  Hopefully you can make or the other.  Both are very good rallys.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline superpickle

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 09:50:43 AM »
 :o  no Rallys in the South West ??
Need to start one at Grand Canyon  in the late fall or early spring.

Love that place..  ;D
Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 10:22:36 AM »
Sedona would be my pick. Love that place!!!!!!!!!!
Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein

Offline Utahclaimjumper

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 12:50:36 PM »
Sedona is also very pricey.>>>Dan
Utclmjmpr  (rufcmpn)
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 02:11:47 PM »
Yeah, I know, but I like it!!   ;D

I'd like to "winter there" over the colder couple months here. maybe I can figure out a good stratagy if I ever get it done.              just a thought. ::)

Chaz
Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 02:13:51 PM »
I doubt if there is enough room there to hold a rally. LOL I know I never want to take an Eagle bus and Tahoe toad there again.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Dreamscape

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 02:26:22 PM »
If there would every be another Rally, would be nice to have it somewhere central of the USA, so people from the east and west would not have to drive so far. I think more would attend, especially those not retired yet.
I wish we could attend the one in Oregon, it is about 15 miles from where I grew up.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

belfert

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 02:35:57 PM »
No matter where you hold a major rally somebody will complain it is too far away.  If you hold a rally in the central part of the USA everybody on the east and west coast will complain.

Anybody can start a really with the appropriate location.  It may take years, if ever, to get as large as the two big rallies.  You need to offer lots of vendors, seminars, and the like to attract folks, but vendors and seminar teachers won't want to come without a well attended rally.

Offline Busnut83

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 04:05:19 PM »
How about a rally in Texas,,,?????

belfert

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 05:06:20 PM »
How about a rally in Texas,,,?????

Find a campground or large space to hold a rally and schedule one! 

Busted Knuckle took the bull by the horns last fall and scheduled one at his place in Tennessee last year.  He didn't get a lot of buses due to the weather and the time of year, but he tried.  I was there and hope he will do it again.

Offline superpickle

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 07:59:56 PM »
Oh hell, then lets have one Here..I have ten acres for a lot O Buses..

all pretty flat too .  we have Whit Sands Nat Monument here, the Space Musium, Sun Spot and Apachi Peak Observatorys.  Carlsbad Caverns a few hours away. 

Ya all can hep me with my Bus too  ;D Brang yer Tools  ;)

Paul...
Support Global Warming:
Drive an SUV.

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 02:47:03 AM »
Planning a rally is lots of work but it is worth every minute.  Dallas announced we were having one at the campground where we were last year at Timmonsville.  I had never been to a rally before and he left lots of details up to me to kinda figure out on my own.  We managed to pull it together and then at the time of the rally, we had several volunteers to get some things done.  Gary and Linda jumped in and helped with the last minute day to day details.  I know I couldn't have gotten my stuff done every day if I hadn't had Linda's willing hands helping me.  The second rally was a bit easier and it got a good bit bigger and both were worth every bit of work it took.  We were really disappointed not to be able to have one this year.  We are trying to figure out how to have another one in this area in the fall.  Jump in, give one a try, what have you got to loose??  Cat
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

Offline Jerry32

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 02:58:26 AM »
Where is Rickreal? I was born and lived in OR most of my life but never heard of it.  Jerry
1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740

Dallas

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 03:09:52 AM »
Where is Rickreal? I was born and lived in OR most of my life but never heard of it.  Jerry

West of Salem and North of Corvallis and Monmouth. East of Dallas.

Hwy 22 and US 99

My old stomping grounds when I was young!

Dallas

Dreamscape

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 03:36:16 AM »
Dallas,
I grew up in Valsetz, ever heard of that town? Just outside of Fall City OR up in the Coast Range Mountains. The town no longer exists. Boise Cascade burned down most of the town and planted trees, as they owned the town. Lived in Salem until 1985. Been all over since.

Paul

Dreamscape

Dallas

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 06:03:09 AM »
Dallas,
I grew up in Valsetz, ever heard of that town? Just outside of Fall City OR up in the Coast Range Mountains. The town no longer exists. Boise Cascade burned down most of the town and planted trees, as they owned the town. Lived in Salem until 1985. Been all over since.

Paul

Dreamscape

Paul,
Yeah, it's been a long long time, but I remember Valsetz. I use to go through there on the way to Logsden and Siletz to go fishing.
A friend of mine by the name of Dick, (Dickey) Byers was a Log truck driver that was killed on the Logsden Road when the suspension broke on his trailer and crashed him into the river.
I'm sorry to here the town is no longer there.
Too many pieces of my life and I'm sure many others are being swept away.

Dallas

Offline Paul

• Will it ever be done?
    • www.incredibus.com
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 07:38:24 AM »

Claudiene and I are hosting a rally for Great Lakes Converted Coaches (Bussin Cincinnati) here in Cincinnati, Ohio June 14 to 17. The Camp Ground at the FMCA is full and some are staying at Wal-Mart. This is our first rally to host and hope the next time I can find a place to accommodate all that would like to attend. Looking for a better over flow spot at this time.

What we think would makes a good rally:
 1  Location, level camping spots with, electric, water, sewer or dump station
 2  At least 50% of the Meals at the camp grounds included in rally fee.
 3  Building for meetings and dining with cooking equipment.
 4  Plan things for the the Ladies, crafts, shopping or tours.
 5  Tour things in the area.
 6  Seminars for experienced and newbies or wannabee.
 7  Entertainment
 8  Swap Meets
 9  Round Table Discussions
10  Have a open house to promote our Hobby with notice in news paper.
11  You need to have insurance to hold a rally, either through a club or Private

Would love to have this rally to grow to the size of Jack and Paula Bussin in Florida. Looking forward to attending Bussin USA when the bus is on the road.
What are your ideas?

HAPPY BUSSIN
PAUL & CLAUDIENE
www.incredibus.com
Paul
http://www.incredibus.com
1988 MCI 102A3 /8V92 /740 /10" Roof Raise

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal