Author Topic: Moose Creek Motorcabins  (Read 2282 times)

Offline JT4SC

Moose Creek Motorcabins
« on: May 21, 2007, 06:56:57 PM »
Hello!
I am new to the bus conversion world and I am hoping you can help me know more about Mike (the guy who runs this website and BC Magazine), and more specifically his brand of bus conversion Moose Creek Motorcabins. 
My hope is you can share your opinions of the quality of Mike's work.  I met with him on Sunday and he suggested I look to this forum for some insight.  Even though he runs this website I hope I can get some honest opinions on whether or not his conversions are worth what he says they are worth.

I would love to hear from folks who have bought his motorcabins and how they are working out for you.
Thank you for your help!!

Offline grantgoold

Re: Moose Creek Motorcabins
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 07:00:36 PM »
I have personally walked through a Cabin. The conversion was appealing to those who like the style. Mike does follow traditional conversion methods of making things accessible when repairs are needed. I would not hesitate to have Mike convert the interior of my bus if my wife could ever fall in love with that style.

I think once you compare prices and the quality of work you will find Mike's efforts worth the asking prices.

Grant
Sacramento
Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 07:58:58 PM »
Hi JT4SC,

Welcome abord!

Our web adminastrator Phil Lyons has a Moose by MAK.

I'm sure he will chime in soon too.

Good Luck!
Nick Badame-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Green-Hornet

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 11:03:19 AM »
Never been in one but I admired the style of them before I ever joined in here. I think they are closet to how I would make mine, if and when. I have younger kids and really fell in love with the idea of putting a bunk for them in the lower bay. If I had the cash, and lived a bit closer I would look really hard at getting one.

Offline bobofthenorth

• R.J.(Bob) Evans
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 07:19:48 PM »
I expect they are very well built.  The style doesn't appeal to me - if it did I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.  We walked through a demo unit at Rickreall a few years ago. 
R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)

The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you.
Its the last thing but its still on the list.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal