Author Topic: I ran with the Big Dogs  (Read 9407 times)

Offline phil4501

I ran with the Big Dogs
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:31:15 PM »
I just got back from a run with five, count em, five Scenicruisers on route 66. I am having trouble posting pics. I will try to get some up tonight.

Phil Zisakis

Dallas

Re: I ran with the Big Dogs
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 02:04:09 AM »
Phil,
If you still have trouble posting photos tonight, send them to on of the moderators and we'll get them resizes and posted for you.

We are also glad you had such a great trip! It must have been quite a sight seeing all the 'cruisers together!

Dallas

Dreamscape

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 03:44:44 AM »
Hurry Up, can't wait to see the pics. Hope you enjoyed the experience, I'll bet it was awsome!

Paul

Offline Green-Hornet

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 06:25:17 AM »
Yeah...come on...I am dying here!
Need the pics!

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 07:04:44 AM »
I just got back from a run with five, count em, five Scenicruisers on route 66. I am having trouble posting pics. I will try to get some up tonight.
Phil Zisakis

You not only got to be there, you got to drive with them & now you tease us  ;D

I hope you & Chad post tons of pictures on the depot.

I'm glad you were able to get your shifter repaired in time to participate.

It is fantastic that all 5 that said they were going were able to make it.

CONGRADULATIONS!
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline phil4501

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 08:16:48 AM »
Hey Kyle, betweeen all of us we got alot of pictures. I just emailed a few to dallas. You should have heard it, 5 detroits just screamin down route 66. Brian peeled of at the Bagdad Cafe and the four of us switched over to I 40 and just hauled up the hills. After one climb in 2nd on the govener 821 came alive and and it was magic. 4th gear, 73 mph four of us, sometimes in a line, sometimes paired up, often with no formation and we just raced. I figured I would be doing the 25 mph crawl the whole time and it would be me getting cussed at by the 35 mph guys but they all just screamed. We left on a sunday so the traffic was really lite past Barstow. I found that if the rpms got up from a good run to the base I could hold 4th up anything.We passed trucks, cars, everything...Governer City, Man.

I have driven Hot Rods my whole life and this run topped "em all. Once again the ol gals ruled the road. I had been lollygagging and not working on 821 because I never could get her to run right. I was seriosly thinking on driving 467 because of it. Apparently all she needed was some quality time with the governer and Man, Oh, Man.

When we paired up in a formation of 4, the detroit sound bouncing off of the other cruisers was enough to bring tears to your eyes...It sounded so beautiful. All cruisers ran perfect...PERFECT. When we got to Laughlin we seriously considered pressing on to Chicago...or New York. These beauties were made to run, and run they did.
It was all west coast guys, we really gotta all get together and do this with everybody. One of the highlights of my life!

Phil Zisakis

luvrbus

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 08:26:23 AM »
phil, we seen the buses at Laughlin in the parking lot across from the Ramada when we where out to eat a beautiful sight an lot of memories for people my age

Offline phil4501

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 08:35:24 AM »
So it wasn't a dream. It still seems too good to be real

Phil

Offline Bosshosssport96

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 09:10:28 AM »
 I must admit,it was all I expected and then some,I really had my douts about all five of us making this historic trip.These coaches well over 50 years old did make the trip quite well.My hat is off to all of those that made this trip.Each of us had some issues with our coaches in one way or other,but the old girls continued on,as if to say,we can still do it. I had one person come up to me  and tell me that he remembered the cruisers in their hayday quite well,but that he had never seen so many of them at one time,he also made the remark that he couldn't remember the last time he had actually seen a Scenicruiser.I'm looking forward to next year with continueing on up route 66 into Arizona(to be discussed yet),I also look forward into having more scenicruisers with us in this next historic trip....Frank 4501-082

Dallas

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 12:07:11 PM »
Some Pictures that Phil4501 sent me.

Full sized viewing is available at:  http://busphotos.busconversionstuff.com/photo/index.php?cat=6

Dallas

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 12:08:10 PM »
And a couple more:

Dallas

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 12:09:18 PM »
and more.....

Offline BusCrazyTom

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 01:11:27 PM »
God, this is so cool! Wish it couldve been me! Hope you all had a great time with those Fantastic Scenic's! Thanks for sharing the pics with us temporarily bus deprived!

Offline msheldon

• 1954 GMC PD4501-066 8v71TA
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 05:22:42 PM »
Man, I am so jealous. I really wanted to get 066 on this run, but she's just not ready yet, a few more weeks...

Offline Don4107

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 05:23:35 PM »
I can't imagine a better thing to do in your buses.  And all Scenics too! WOW.  I'm not young enough to say it but that is Waaaaay Koooool!
Don 4107 Eastern Washington
1975 MCI 5B
1966 GM PD 4107 for sale
1968 GMC Carpenter

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal