Author Topic: Air intake for a compressor?  (Read 4966 times)

Offline Danny

• 87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...
    • Personal Web Page
Air intake for a compressor?
« on: May 08, 2006, 08:20:44 AM »
Question - I found what appears to be an air intake in the rear - right of the bus (MCI 102A3).  Is this where a person would connect a compressor to air up the bus externally?

Thanks,
Danny
I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
Re: Air intake for a compressor?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 09:44:44 AM »
Are you referring to the valve in the passenger rear engine side access?  If so, then that is where I fill my air tanks on the bus with my shop compressor.  That line if you follow it will go directly into the line that comes out of the compressor. 

Offline Danny

• 87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...
    • Personal Web Page
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 10:43:48 AM »
Thanks  ;D
I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)

Offline Kent

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 07:50:18 PM »
Is that the place to air up for break relaease and air-bags(front and rear bags)?

Kent

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 06:33:15 AM »
Hi Kent,
The answer to your question is "Yes".  Filling the air system from the passenger rear fill area will fill the entire air system (at least on my 96A3).

NCbob

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 03:35:38 PM »
How about on an MC5A?  I have (in the left front compartment a Shrader valve to charge the parking brakes) and a male air fitting
(which might be used to charge the system to release the parking brakes for towing) but da book doesn't make it that clear to me.
Please remember gentlemen...I'm a newbie and have a lot to learn....that's one of the many reasons I'm here on this board.

Thanks,

NCbob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal