Author Topic: Bus stripping done! Yeah!  (Read 3336 times)

belfert

Bus stripping done! Yeah!
« on: May 30, 2006, 06:19:58 PM »
Well, almost.  I now have the interior of my bus stripped out and cleaned except the very back above the engine where the evaporator was.

I already started laying tape on the floor for the floor plan last night.  I was hoping to be at this stage a week or two earlier, but life has intervened.

My original hope was to have air conditioning and generator power for a July 4th trip.  It doesn't look like this will happen since the bus still needs a week at C&J Bus Repair.  There really isn't any point in spending $800 to drive the bus to Texas if I don't have any air conditioning for camping.  I also don't have any road air so that would be a miserable trip.

Brian Elfert

Offline 86neoplan

• My Little Bus
Re: Bus stripping done! Yeah!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 07:08:40 PM »
Brian,

Isn't great just to see plain old floor? I love that feeling, and knowing that it can now progress is a even better feeling. I look at it like this, I got plenty of time...I'm gonna do it right.

I too have no AC, the sutrak unit dont work, but the fans do on it, so it just blows the heat around...

I would like to have roof ac set up, and go from there, with either a invertor or a genset.

good luck!

You can see my progress by clicking http://www.pittsburghtransit.com/lilneo.html

shawn
Proud single custodial dad to a wonderful 14 year old son, Owner of a 1986 Neoplan 26' transit Bus AN408, Great weekender...Lots of work to come on this bus, can't wait to get her done! 8.2L with a Allison AT545...

Offline Danny

• 87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...
    • Personal Web Page
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 09:52:51 PM »
Hey - Hey,

I am about at the same stage of completion.  Congrats ;D   It's nice to be able to walk from front to back without stepping over stuff or not hitting you head over the racks :D

Danny
I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 11:39:38 PM »
Hey Brian yer making progress and that means more than being a little behind! Relax take yer time to do it right and do it yer way! And as far as going to Texas with out A/C no way not unless you just love being cruel and punishing to yourself!  :D ;D BK
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal