Author Topic: Low System Air Pressure  (Read 3040 times)

Offline mlh1936

• Graphics By Turbo Images
Low System Air Pressure
« on: May 10, 2006, 07:29:02 PM »
My '87 MCI 102A-3 is equipped with a 8V92. After idling for 15 min or so the system air pressure dropped to 60 psi. I revved it a bit and the pressure returned to normal and stayed there while I drove home. I only have 3000 mi since a new air compressor was installed. I don't have a fast idle feature working. I have not had this problem previously. What's the most likely culprit? What should I check? Thanks.
1987 MCI 102A-3, 8V92, HT-740 conversion in progress.

Offline ol713

• ol713
Re: Low System Air Pressure
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 08:35:44 PM »

When you changed the air compressor, did you install a new govener also?  It might need adjusting
after a few miles are on it.  If it is not the govener,  then you might start looking at your brake
cans.  That could be a related problem.       Good luck.

Offline Gary W

• Gary's Bus
Re: Low System Air Pressure
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 08:53:15 PM »
I was losing air on my 1986 MCI-102 for awhile now the only leak I found was a rear air bag which I replaced. I still had leakage but couldn't find any. When we got the coach back from our converter we took it on a trip south this winter, first day out I noticed the air was taking longer to come up. I thought it was a rear air leveling valve as I could hear air leaking near the rear wheels.. When we got to Yuma we backed the coach up on some ramps and found air leaking out of the dry tank. It was leaking from behind the tank where it rests against the bay. When we removed the tank it was full of small holes and beyond repair I guess it was getting worse and that was when we finally could find it. It was full of mud and crud between the tank and the bay and rusted out.  Installed a new tank.That solved my problem.

Gary

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal