Author Topic: WHERE TO FIND PRO LINK 9000 ALLISON WTEC II CARTRIDGE  (Read 10168 times)

Offline wayne

• 1990 Setra 215 HDH
  • www.mybusgarage.com
WHERE TO FIND PRO LINK 9000 ALLISON WTEC II CARTRIDGE
« on: May 11, 2006, 07:42:07 PM »
 I have a trans trouble code on my wtec II trans. I have the pro link 9000 with the DDEC cartridge but haven't been able to find an Allison cartridge without getting new ( $399.00). I was going to keep searching Ebay and wait for a deal but now that I have this trouble code I need to get this solved before the computer will allow me to engage the trans.  Does anyone have any idea where I might find this or should I just buy new and quit wasting time?

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
Re: WHERE TO FIND PRO LINK 9000 ALLISON WTEC II CARTRIDGE
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 12:43:34 PM »
Hi Wayne, I was hoping that someone would jump in here.  Since they didn't, I will do a quick reply and that will keep it at the top of the list.

I take it that you are looking for a cartridge rather than the PCMCIA type card.  If you have the "Heavy Duty Standard" card (for use with the MPC cartridge), it should be able to give you the fault codes and I think you can clear them as well with this card.

Since you asked the question, I gather that you do not have this combination.  I did a lot of looking on Ebay and did not see any Allison cards or cartridges when I was looking about 6 months ago.

You might consider seeing if you can find an Allison technician who would "moonlight" and bring his Pro-link to your location. 

If you are anywhere close to the Denver area, I would be willing to bring my ProLink with the Heavy Duty Standard card to your location.
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline Sammy

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 02:37:31 PM »
Wayne, where are you located??
If you're near me, i'll check it for you.I have my own Pro-Link and all cards & cartridges needed to diagnose.
Let me know what code it's logging, I'll try to help you.
Sammy  8)

Offline wayne

• 1990 Setra 215 HDH
  • www.mybusgarage.com
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 08:07:08 AM »
I am in Lenox, MI which is about 20 minutes Northeast of Detroit 48048.

My trans has self diagnostic capability and can also clear its own codes but when I do this they come right back. I have been told that the Pro Link cartridge for Allison WTECII ( not pcmcia) would give me a much better data stream of information. I am not that familiar with the heavy duty standard card but I would assume my Pro Link is one of the basic units ( not a Pro Link Plus or above ). I don't know if this is true or not but I figured it was worth a shot.

I have already double checked the wire harness and everything was good. I have a Test Computer coming to rule out the computer module but I won't see that until Wednesday or so.

Thanks for your help.

Offline Sammy

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 03:57:47 PM »
Wayne, I need to know the flash code or trouble code you are getting.
I can try to help you if you let me know this.
They come right back because they are active codes.  8)

Offline wayne

• 1990 Setra 215 HDH
  • www.mybusgarage.com
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 09:32:45 PM »
The code is a 45   15  and refers to the D solenoid.  The trans will not allow engagement of any gear and when  I reset the code it comes back immediately like a hard fault.  I checked the ohm resistance on D solenoid and come up with 3.3. The manual says that normal is 2.2 but I have been told not to worry about that small difference. I also talked with someone out of PA. who seems to be Allison konwledgeable and he also says that is normal. I am leaning torward the computer module or the vehicle interface.

Thanks Again

Offline Sammy

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 07:46:06 AM »
The resistance value of the solenoid changes with the sump oil temp.
My book says 3.26 ohms,+or- .26ohms at 68 degrees F. is the spec value of the solenoid.
Check all the basics first - connections at batteries ( power and ground), connections at ECU (power and ground too).
Disconnect trans harness connector from ECU to trans, clean,inspect,secure those connections.
Verify that they are good.
Check continuity on the A2 wire and the A31 wires.
A2 goes to pin A on trans
A31 goes to pin M on trans.
Maybe some corrosion, water, dirt, etc got in them. This is a very important first step in troubleshooting.
ECU is expensive $$$$$$$$$ ( about $2000)
I have found many problems with harnesses and connectors, only had one bad ECU.
Best of luck with your repair.
Sammy  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal