Author Topic: Short notice bus-nut gathering in UP-State SC for July 21 & 22, 2007  (Read 18706 times)

Offline bubbaqgal

Re: Short notice bus-nut gathering in UP-State SC for July 21 & 22, 2007
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2007, 05:56:43 PM »
One or two cases of fresh lobster.  2 dozen steaks, with fixin's.  10 cases of imported beer, well chilled.

Well....you asked didn't you?   LOL  Told ya I had a weird sense of humor! 

Actually, from what Kyle said I think just something to contribute to the potluck meal but I'll let Kyle jump in with a more specific answer if he wants to. 

We are really glad you are going to come join us and look forward to meeting you. 
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2007, 06:10:59 PM »
Alwright Buddydawg!!! There will be someone to assist with whatever you need once there.

Shhhhhh Bob, that was supposed to be kept a secret for only those that attended  ;)

Now that the cat's out,
Palmetto Cove will easily handle big rigs. It is a not-for-proffit park that was established by the Airstream club & is set up for rallies.

You will need a potty, sink & a bed to be 'legal' (there are public toilets & a laundry facility, but no showers) I don't think there will be anyone checking tho.

If there is interest, we can work together for meals:

If you want to make a donation to help offset the cost, that would make my finance department happy. & Bring your favorite beverage & sides to share & we can go from there.

We can have pancakes & sausage for breakfast.

We can grill hamburgers & hot dogs Sat for lunch. (Bring your own meat or we'll run to the store.)

We may be able to make some homemade ice cream Saturday afternoon - If anyone feels like cranking on the churn handle  ;D

BBQ Sat night (I have a friend that has a BBQ restaurant that is doing the cooking.)

S'mores Friday & Saturday nite ? ?

Whatever's leftover for Sunday lunch.

After that, you're own your own.
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline buddydawg

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2007, 06:56:14 PM »
I guess a couple of buckets and a cot will be all I have since the ole bus is completely empty!   :D
I think we can manage with what we have.  I have a bunch on tailgating/camping supplies and it will only be for one night.  I really want to bring the bus so I can get some good input, since I am sure that there will be no shortage of opinions.   :o  As far as the food goes we will just follow the crowd.

If I had a freezer I would mix up a batch of my famous frozen margaritas!  Maybe next time...
1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2007, 07:14:08 PM »
Quote from: buddydawg
If I had a freezer I would mix up a batch of my famous frozen margaritas!  Maybe next time...

Frozen Margaritas? Uh hey ya Buddydawg olpal longlost new friend, Uh has anyone mentioned to ya we gonna have real humdinger of a getogether in Union City, TN in September? Ahhh with like lots of help and advice from fellow busnuts, and garage time over the pit in my shop! Ahhh ya did say frozen margaritas didn't ya olbuddydawg ol pal? Ahh let us know if ya need directions! LOL! Seriously Dallas 'N Cat can fill ya in a little more!
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline dawggrl

« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2007, 07:47:53 AM »
Fresh seafood and steaks... I don't get treated like that at home..j/k  But the margaritas on the other hand I may be able to talk him into those for this weekend.  Just may have to spread them around quite a bit.  ;D
Nickie Stewart

Dallas

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2007, 09:57:10 AM »
dawggrl,

I'll make sure there's extra room in our freezer, even if the wifes ice cream stash accidentally gets dumped on the floor.  ;)

I'm also sure there should be a bunch of others with extra room!

Dallas

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2007, 12:08:21 PM »
Ice Cream?  What ice cream?  I ate it all, yes all, so there would be room for margaritas.  Ice cream can always be replaced. 

Offline kyle4501

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2007, 06:53:51 AM »
Here is another set of directions

Offline buddydawg

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2007, 09:03:27 AM »
Do you have good numbers on how many folks are coming and how many busses will be there?
1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA

Offline trailblazer2

• 1990 Chevrolet C-60 Activity
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2007, 09:14:57 AM »
 Way to go KYLE!
I certainly want to come to this one too! I ran accross a bunch of Scenicruiser stuff the other nite,I want to share with you. Do you need a reservation?
Bill
"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston

Offline kyle4501

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2007, 10:00:10 AM »
If you're bringing scenicruiser stuff, you will be allowed in regardless of reservation status!  ;D 8)

The campground has PLENTY of space & doesn't take reservations anyway.

If you want me to bring enough food as mentioned earlier in this thread, you need to let me know so I can have enough.
So far only a few have let me know for sure.

So far, it looks like over 30 people will be there;
Over half dozen buses,
Some will be in a sticks & staples class A,
Some will be in a sticks & staples class C,
I'll be in a borrowed Airstream trailer (Thanks, Dad!  ;D )
Some will drive over for the day,
So we are a non denominational rally  :o

Gary will be bringing a karokie thinggy for those so inclined.

If anyone wants to show their musical talents, bring it!

My kids will have their bicycles.
I'll have my big mouth ready to embellish any story  ;)

The main thing is fun fellowship with busnuts!

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »
Kyle, Dallas and I will be glad to bring something to contribute food wise.  Just let us know what you need.  We are thinking about getting there on Thursday and will need to pick up whatever we bring before we get there.  We no longer have my junk heap of a car and once we get the bus parked we don't want to have to move it till we have to.  It's nice to know there are still campgrounds around that let any vehicle in, even airstreams.  LOL  We are in Chester tonight at the state park and except for the heat, had a fairly uneventful trip.  Right now we are enjoying the a/c and a thunderstorm.  Nice excuse to lay back and do nothing!  Cat

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2007, 02:28:57 AM »
After some emails with Kyle it was decided, kinda, that Dallas and I will bring watermelon and/or some other seasonal fruit.  Kyle is buying food for Sat lunch and supper.  Has everyone notified him if you are definitely showing up?  Since he is doing all that shopping for us, we all need to remember to make a donation to cover some of the costs, especially since we aren't paying up front for registration fees. We know from experience that food and stuff can be very costly.  We also have a large capacity coffee pot so there will coffee in the AM for everyone.  Cat

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2007, 03:47:38 AM »
Kyle, The same goes for us here, why don't you assign something in particular you would like Linda & I to bring, email me today instead of posting here, we will be gone most of today. Today is Wednesday, we will be going with Jack & Paula to the best SC Flea market at Pickens you know!!  Anyhow, if we can help with anything in particular, it does not matter what, assign it to us and consider it out of your mind to think about.  At our first meal together we will all make donations to off-set any expenses you personally have contributed to our rally this weekend so just be sure to give us an accounting of what was involved so we can do our part to just say thank you to your and your family and parents again.

Kyle, we also all appreciate the fact you have put this all together for us here in middle SC, which we hope will turn out to be a annual thing also.  I hope many will just make up their mind at the last moment to attend, there is no pre-registration as Cat has mentioned so there is no excuse that you forgot to send it in on time.  Just load up if your rig is road-worthy, (I wish mine was), come in a S&S, Class "A" or ""C" or trailer and lets forget the outside world and problems in it for a weekend. 

As you all know Jack & Paula Conrad will be there and everyone in the Good Ole USA knows who they are and what a privilege it is to mix company with them. Come and meet them in person finally if you are close enough to just drive on over or come and camp for the weekend to be with us all. This mini-rally is being made possible through Kyle & Nancy and his family & Kyle's Dad & mom which I certainly appreciate and hope it will grow through the years such as Jack & Paula's rally at Arcadia, FL,  as we are centrally located for those Northern Boys & Gals I wish could come also.  Maybe next year if they can't this year we will all make this a much larger event certainly remembered when Jack & Paula come our way each year as a reason for us to gather again.

I have thrown together a small Karaoke set up so we can have some music if we wish, so if you have a special karaoke CD you sing at home with please bring it with you and after you get the nerve to get up there realizing no one will critique you then you can relax and sing for us all to enjoy.  Remember Simon Cowel will not be there at this time and this will not be on "American Idol" so just plan to come and have fun with it like we did at Arcadia with Bill and Nick's set up last year.  My set up is not as elaborate as their's is but who cares if you have fun with it. I promise not to have it so loud that it can be heard in Delaware!!

Well, it is almost time for our Flea Market run and my back pack is empty and ready to fill up with those items I really need to have, (For my garage sale one day I bet).  See you all at the rally, don't forget also that Dallas & Cat will be there and everyone knows of them on the MAK board also so come and introduce yourselves to them and lets show all our appreciation to be able to do this together this weekend and also maybe I can get some last minute ideas what to do with my rig while there.  I am nearly done my RE-framing, Imagine that!!  A special personal thanks goes here from me to Steve  & Debbie for that kick in the pants.

Don't forget also, PHOTO'S will be taken!!  So if your Cheating or Eating it may be seen world wide in a few days.  Well, I won't take close ups of the Eating part, since a good friend made me realize she did not appreciate those photos' being taken while eating.  Let me know if your Cheating, I will delete those photos too!!  LOL!!  Only kidding on this now.

See you all that can attend Friday.

Gary

Gary

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2007, 04:18:22 AM »
We are looking forward to seeing you guys again.  We had the good fortune of having Jack and Paula spend time with us at SOB and, as always, we had fun.  Now I know why Gary didn't answer my email...he was busy catching up with Jack and Paula.  Oh, well, woe is me!!!  LOL  Cat

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal