Author Topic: Air Dyer, Metal in Differential, Slack Adjuster  (Read 12066 times)

Dreamscape

Re: Air Dyer, Metal in Differential, Slack Adjuster
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2007, 08:57:59 PM »
Bill, Skip gives good advice. I had triple hernia surgery a couple of years ago, it took about 10 days to really feel good. Just don't push it. Stop by on your way through if you come back this way.

Paul

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2007, 09:09:46 AM »
Thanks guys for looking out for me.   I've actually pack the bus yesterday, so that I would not have to do any lifing.  Hadn't thought about the bay doors.  I will have to plan ahead for that.  Plan to take it real easy.  Won't leave till the doctor releases me.

Hope to go to Gulfport, Miss. but not up to me.  It's where every Raytheon sends me.

Paul,  if I get near you, you can count on me stopping by.

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2007, 09:52:39 AM »
Hey Guys,

The hernia was repaired yesterday. The Doc says it went well.  Hyeyong, my girlfriend flew up Sunday from Tampa, so she would be here.  Really glad she's here.  I'm very sore, but haven't taken a pain pill today.  Feel like my belly button was used for a punching bag.  Glad it's not far between the sofa and the bed.

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 02:51:47 PM »
Okay,,,, Going in the shop Monday.  They have a rear end if needed, for $1500.00 plus of course, labor.  Not sure what the gearing is, they believe it is 3.37:1 but will check.  I'm still praying only the bearing need replacing. :)

I feel this is a good price.  The bill for a day and half in the shop, replaced both drive axles wheel seals, replace two lugs on one wheel, an air dyer, and one bearing kit.  Total cost $933.55.  Plus relubing the the rear end, I put gease in everything I could find under the bus.  A new MCI front emblem, and a couple odds and ends I took off there three parts MCI-9's.

Sound fair to me.   ;D

Comments,

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 03:35:07 PM »
Okay,,,, Going in the shop Monday.  They have a rear end if needed, for $1500.00 plus of course, labor.  Not sure what the gearing is, they believe it is 3.37:1 but will check.  I'm still praying only the bearing need replacing. :)

I feel this is a good price.  The bill for a day and half in the shop, replaced both drive axles wheel seals, replace two lugs on one wheel, an air dyer, and one bearing kit.  Total cost $933.55.  Plus relubing the the rear end, I put gease in everything I could find under the bus.  A new MCI front emblem, and a couple odds and ends I took off there three parts MCI-9's.

Sound fair to me.   ;D

Comments,

Bill                   

Bill I think that the bill for all you listed is very fair! And I think the price for the rear end is fair! (as long as they don't try to charge you labor for taking it out after selling it to you!) Also it's either gonna be a 3.73:1 (great all around gear!) or maybe a 3.33:1 (great highway gear!)! FWIW ~
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 05:42:32 PM »
BK,

What do you mean by (don't try to charge you labor for taking it out after selling it to you!)  ???

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007, 05:47:16 PM »
Bill,

What do you mean by (don't try to charge you labor for taking it out after selling it to you!)

Charge to remove it from the donor bus.

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

belfert

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2007, 06:11:53 PM »
Bill, you got a pretty good deal there if they put a full 12 hours into your bus.  Around the Minneapolis area, bus labor is nearly $100 an hour.  The Detroit dealer recently went up to $105 an hour.

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2007, 06:25:01 PM »
Cliff,

This is a new unit (I believe), part of a couple tracter trailer of parts they purchase.

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2007, 10:26:38 PM »
Quote from: Kwajdiver
Cliff,

This is a new unit (I believe), part of a couple tracter trailer of parts they purchase.

Bill                       

Bill if that is the case then $1,500.00 is a great price! Grab a few extras and when you here of a fellow busnut in need sell 'm 1 for $2,000.00 he'll be happy to save some bucks and you'll make a few!
;D  BK  ;D

Quote from: FloridaCliff
Bill,

What do you mean by (don't try to charge you labor for taking it out after selling it to you!)

Charge to remove it from the donor bus.

Cliff               

That is exactly what I meant! I have heard of some shops doing this! They quote you a price for a used part, then tack on labor to remove it from the donor!

In my ( & others) opinion, if they sell a part the removal labor is included!  JMHO~FWIW!
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2007, 06:42:20 PM »
Bus is in the shop, pulled the rear end today.  Will  need a rear end.  As stated before, they have one in stock for $1500.00.  Bus should be out of the shop tomorrow.  Then I'll know the real damage...... :(

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2007, 06:52:47 AM »
Hey Guys,

The rear end was in bad shape, just lucky it didn't break down on the road to nowhere.  The guys did a great job on the bus.   I will say, they do not get as much done as they say they will.  What they do is great.  With the new rear end I am now in Roswell, NM.  Turning south after I spend the morning looking for UFO's.   Making my way to Gulfport, Ms.

The total cost,,, $1,500 for parts, just under a grand for the labor.  Plus I ask lots of questions about the bus.

The slack adjuster, having been shot with grease, is not perfect, but much better than it was.

The bus didn't like climbing hills and overheated with me once.  See my other thread "Phoenix to Gulfport" for more on that.

On the road,

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal