Author Topic: Prevost VIN Location  (Read 5886 times)

Offline RJ

• Vantaré Conversion "Miss Vivian"
Prevost VIN Location
« on: July 14, 2007, 10:13:45 PM »
Local newspaper has a Prevost conversion listed for sale.  Am going to go look at it, might find something interesting or an interesting idea.

But, in the meantime, does anyone know where Prevost puts the VIN on their coach?

If the manufacturer's plaque is missing, do they also stamp it onto the chassis somewhere?

TIA. . .

;)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Offline Sammy

Re: Prevost VIN Location
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 07:44:55 AM »
On the H3's it's on the left side (streetside)windshield post - narrow,rectangular plate.

Offline rip

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 08:09:39 AM »
Two places on my 85. One is underneath the drivers window towards the floor and the other is passenger side windshield on dash.
           Don

Offline H3Jim

• 1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 09:38:47 PM »
I believe my H3 also has it stamped on a plate on the front axle.
Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.

Offline steamguy56

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 02:02:08 PM »
While running a couple of my steam engines at white springs in the Stephan Foster Park, I noticed a young lady looking in the door side front glass of my bus, when I told her it was a work in progress, and that I was tring to build the M\H of my dreams out of it (I think she thought I was crazy). She explaned that she was checking the vin #, soooo I looked over the front glass and sure enough there it was so I started to pay attention to what she had to say. Seems she's one of the people that you talk to when you call Prvost Car in Jacksonville Fl. She also claimed to know my bus and alot of other Prevost's by the vin#. I had to try her on that one...sure enough she knew it from P\O and her husband standing there knew of its last service and the work done on it. Small world
      thanks Danny

Offline RJ

• Vantaré Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 05:51:40 PM »
All -

Thanks for the tips. Found the VIN riveted to the passenger side defroster vent, and stamped on the frame rail near the where the factory A/C compressor would be mounted.

Very interesting coach, this one. Will have more details after Prevost comes back to work from their summer vacation and I can verify what I've found.

Stay tuned. . .

;)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal