June 24, 2018, 10:20:06 AM

Author Topic: On the Road Again -------> Elkhart  (Read 1164 times)

Offline white-eagle

On the Road Again -------> Elkhart
« on: July 24, 2007, 08:06:34 PM »
We leave in the early AM (bout 9ish) for Elkhart for a week with other busnuts at the annual Surplus and Salvage Rally.  There will be some others much more knowledgeable than i, so i have 4 days to do some work with plenty of immediate feedback as to whether i grabbed the right size wrench or not.  ::)

thanks to Jack Conrad, one project is the linear actuators to raise the bed.  no more hoisting that sucker up and trying to get a board under it quick.  also, no more running to do it because now my wife can do it herself.  or at least soon she will be able to.  :)

i also ordered the cruise control system which should be waiting for me at the campground.

i'm stopping for biodiesel in Norwalk, then hitting the Turnpike west.  Not a terrifically long ride, about 4 hours.
New hydraulic hoses on the fans, oil up to just below fill, 3 more gallons in the bay, ATF for the power steering and ht740, batteries charged and i kicked the tires.

i think about 15 buses scheduled.  we'll be there until Sunday.
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline D+C4106

Re: On the Road Again -------> Elkhart
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 08:17:51 PM »
Tom,  Wave as you go by. Have a good time for those of us that can't make it this time.    Denis    Berlin Heights

Offline white-eagle

Re: On the Road Again -------> Elkhart
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 08:19:46 PM »
Good time and lots of discussion looking at some of the features on so many units.  so far, about 17 buses and 35 or so folks.  2 Eagles, a few MCI's, a couple Prevosts, a few GMC's and 1 1946 Spartan ( Different looking, only 1 left, but in great condition).

We hit a few of the surplus stores, spent a few dollars on rivets, then back to camp to start examining my projects. But we decided it needed more examination, so we sat down, opened a cold beverage and contemplated options.

typical bus rally???
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.