Author Topic: 1 Man, 10 hours, & 1 new tool  (Read 1384 times)

Offline paulcjhastings

1 Man, 10 hours, & 1 new tool
« on: August 07, 2007, 04:35:44 PM »
Here is what I have accomplished in the past two days with my new Bosch Litheon cordless impactor. I had started disassembly before I went on vacation. I began with my 18v drill, but since I'm in really bad shape it got way too heavy to work for long periods over my head. If anyone else is going to be doing a lot of screw or nut driving go thee to the store and get one of these. It has actually more torque than my 1/2" chuck 18v at about half the weight.

Bryce, I've got a million torx screws on my floor for holding Setras together, bring your bucket and a broom and you won't have to use duct tape anymore ;D
Paul Hastings
1993 Setra 215 w/ Detroit Series 60 & Allison HT748
Belle Plaine, MN
612-987-6021cel

belfert

Re: 1 Man, 10 hours, & 1 new tool
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 05:27:04 PM »
Makita also makes a similiar lightweight impact driver with lithium ion battery.  I have no idea how the Bosch and Makita compare in price.

The Makita has been an invaluable tool for the demolition and interior work on my bus. 

It looks like you on well on your way to getting your bus cleaned out.  Congrats.

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 05:46:36 PM »
LOL!  WOW, what a difference two days makes!  Man, doesn't even look remotely like it did on Sunday.  Good on ya Man!  Keep up that pace and it will be gutted in no time!   looking great   :)

Offline trailblazer2

• 1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 04:09:00 AM »
Way to go Paul! I know that you are keeping these photos,and will have some reference points down the road. Time really flys when you are having fun,huh?
Bill
"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston

Offline paulcjhastings

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 03:23:30 PM »
Brians squared and Bill, thanks for the encouragement.

Today I removed the piles of stuff that you see in the pictures and removed most of the AC evaporators and airflow control units. I won't be able to make as fast progress until my kids are back in school. My wife took a few days off after our vacation, that made it easy to get a lot done.
Paul Hastings
1993 Setra 215 w/ Detroit Series 60 & Allison HT748
Belle Plaine, MN
612-987-6021cel