Author Topic: Board format  (Read 21362 times)

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
Re: Board format
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 06:20:07 AM »
I agree with Clarke. Keep one general discussion.

I've pretty much stopped reading the yahoo groups bus boards because there's just too much stuff. I still get the MCI list via email, and will scan the header, but generally don't take the time to read it. I've stopped the other boards altogether.

I like to be able to open the board, scan for new posts, and chose the ones I want to read and/or respond to. This new board looks like it might aid that by listing new topics first.

I also like the notification on this board. I received a message that someone had posted a reply to this thread. Hadn't been able to check on the board for a few days, so it was nice to get a reminder. I suspect when the board goes live, that won't be necessary as I'll be hitting it automatically for my daily fix.

Also like the modify option, which I'm using now.  :-)  However I don't see the smiley icons. Hmmm.

craig
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Marc Bourget

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 06:27:14 AM »
Is there a way to "add" a subject category as a "tag" to the post to aid in searching?   Clarke enjoys the "open structure" option but Gumpy misses being able to peruse.

I wonder if it would be possible to set up something like the icon list above this box as I'm typing that would enable the poster or a viewer   to add a category, or two or three,  to a post to aid in executing the search function.

Sojourner

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 07:37:52 AM »
Amen to Clarke Echols request....keep it general discussion such as old board with sub list of reply.

I too want to see what all being posted in all category in one click. That include freebie, trading and wants.

This has since 1997 been my favorite board due to simplicity & instant respond of first 15 latest posts of all kinds.

Perhaps anything over 20 or 30 main topic posts will be programmed automatically go to archive data list that can be readily available to search.

Now this new board may be my answer to add limited size photo, cad or whatever within reply.

Better yet have icon for spell check....or am I over look something.

Might add if anyone vendor to reply in sub post ONLY their e-mail or website link to fulfill original post request...NO SELLING pitch but just ask requester to call them.  such as "Write to me uscoach@att.net" or "Click on www._______.com".

If any selling or advertisement posted...it will be remove via board committee.

After all if Ronthebusnut never posted his requester request...we would never knew Ron & what he has available to us. Although Ron mention "he has them or whatever in stock" SHOULD NOT be listed in requester post but ONLY his e-mail or website address to call or write.

I am sure vendor would help like the rest of us bus nuts to provide updated of proper useful information to avoid unnecessary cost & problem. Don't you think they have more today knowledge of information because of their volume bus conversion in repairs & parts business?

You can add icon "Vendor List" of paid vendors below or above "Additional Options"

By the way...there always be someone may not like this or that but having it running in most popular choice...other will get use to it later....so just hang in there....."not all road are smooth, dust free, bump free and newly paved" but we still want to get there!

I believe MAK &  Phil have something to look forward too !

I am learning everyday!              L o o k i n g  f o r w a r d                    t o  t h i s                    n e w   b o a r d                   e v e r y d a y !          P h i l ......w h e r e  h a v e  y o u  b e e n ?      Thank you MAK for allowing improvements made.
FWIW

Sojourn for Christ, Jerry

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006, 07:59:29 AM »
Amen to Clarke Echols request....keep it general discussion such as old board with sub list of reply.

I too want to see what all being posted in all category in one click. That include freebie, trading and wants.

This has since 1997 been my favorite board due to simplicity & instant respond of first 15 latest posts of all kinds.

Perhaps anything over 20 or 30 main topic posts will be programmed automatically go to archive data list that can be readily available to search.

Now this new board may be my answer to add limited size photo, cad or whatever within reply.

Better yet have icon for spell check....or am I over look something.

Might add if anyone vendor to reply in sub post ONLY their e-mail or website link to fulfill original post request...NO SELLING pitch but just ask requester to call them.  such as "Write to me uscoach@att.net" or "Click on www._______.com".

If any selling or advertisement posted...it will be remove via board committee.

After all if Ronthebusnut never posted his requester request...we would never knew Ron & what he has available to us. Although Ron mention "he has them or whatever in stock" SHOULD NOT be listed in requester post but ONLY his e-mail or website address to call or write.

I am sure vendor would help like the rest of us bus nuts to provide updated of proper useful information to avoid unnecessary cost & problem. Don't you think they have more today knowledge of information because of their volume bus conversion in repairs & parts business?

You can add icon "Vendor List" of paid vendors below or above "Additional Options"

By the way...there always be someone may not like this or that but having it running in most popular choice...other will get use to it later....so just hang in there....."not all road are smooth, dust free, bump free and newly paved" but we still want to get there!

I believe MAK &  Phil have something to look forward too !

I am learning everyday!              L o o k i n g  f o r w a r d                    t o  t h i s                    n e w   b o a r d                   e v e r y d a y !          P h i l ......w h e r e  h a v e  y o u  b e e n ?      Thank you MAK for allowing improvements made.
FWIW

Hi Jerry,  I really got a chuckle out of your rolling text.  Thanks for the message and encouragement!

Where have I been?  Well, mostly working toooo many hours, and working on this new board.  :-)  Where has our MC9 Moose bus been? It is in the shop now, we are having a trailer hitch fabricated, and some air-bag work done.  Also, having the oil changed from 10w-30 to 40 wt.  Couldn't get previous mechanics to use single grade in my 6v92.  They said - no worries - it is cold up here.  But, I still worried as I knew it wasn't per Detroit Diesel specs.  Adjusting brakes, general things - getting ready for more bussin' adventures.

I will spend time thinking on the different icons, and ways to work with vendors, and sub-replies.  I still have much to learn - I just saw Clarke insert a quote.  Didn't know you could do that either!!

The quest for knowledge continues....

Kind Regards,
Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2006, 08:09:03 AM »
Is there a way to "add" a subject category as a "tag" to the post to aid in searching?   Clarke enjoys the "open structure" option but Gumpy misses being able to peruse.

I wonder if it would be possible to set up something like the icon list above this box as I'm typing that would enable the poster or a viewer   to add a category, or two or three,  to a post to aid in executing the search function.

Marc,  good suggestion.  But you are forcing me to think.   ;-)

I will look into that though.  If I understand correctly, keep one overall structure or board.  But tag topics to aid in searches.  That will be the goal.  If I am missing something - somebody let me know!

Best Regards,
Phil

Hmmm.  Wonder if I lost the smileys when I upgraded from beta to 1.06???  That wasn't supposed to happen.

Sojourner

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2006, 08:10:37 PM »
Hi Jerry,  I really got a chuckle out of your rolling text.  Thanks for the message and encouragement!

Where have I been?  Well, mostly working toooo many hours, and working on this new board.  :-)  Where has our MC9 Moose bus been? It is in the shop now, we are having a trailer hitch fabricated, and some air-bag work done.  Also, having the oil changed from 10w-30 to 40 wt.  Couldn't get previous mechanics to use single grade in my 6v92.  They said - no worries - it is cold up here.  But, I still worried as I knew it wasn't per Detroit Diesel specs.  Adjusting brakes, general things - getting ready for more bussin' adventures.

I will spend time thinking on the different icons, and ways to work with vendors, and sub-replies.  I still have much to learn - I just saw Clarke insert a quote.  Didn't know you could do that either!!

The quest for knowledge continues....

Kind Regards,
Phil

What I mean “where you have been” LOL....this new board is more practical than anything of the pass….it about time it for the new improve board….thanks.

It takes a little longer to load up in the beginning…but must more ways to get our points across to the inquired reader....include me. Such as drawing & so on.

Thanks for nice comment!

:) :)  HAVE  :) :)  BUS  :) :)  WILL  :) :)  TRAVEL   :)    :)    :)    :)    :)    :) Come along for a ride !!!   :D

FWIW

Nick Badame Refrig Co.

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2006, 03:40:22 AM »
Phil,

It will take some time to get use to but, without a doubt, it will work.
The other guys have good points.
I'm sure you have a good thing here!
Nick

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2006, 06:38:35 PM »
Phil,

It will take some time to get use to but, without a doubt, it will work.
The other guys have good points.
I'm sure you have a good thing here!
Nick
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/mci-bus-nuts/photos/view/7cc6?b=36
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2006, 09:50:20 PM »
Hi Nick,

Be sure to put the path to the image - e.g., the http:// path, inside the img tags.  So, the bracket img close-bracket goes at the beginning of the URL, followed by the bracket-slash-img-bracket tag.  As follows:

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2006, 09:54:32 PM »
Rats, I see that didn't totally work like I expected.  Instead, it gave me an icon, when I right-clicked on the icon, it took me to a logon page at Yahoo.

more later.  I guess what is working is posting  an image off your hard drive, for members.  Additional options.  Will work on the rest.

Hope this helps,
Phil

Offline Danny

• 87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...
    • Personal Web Page
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2006, 07:27:56 PM »
I am starting to get use to the new format - however, I miss the straight forward text a little.  This is more fun  ;)
I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal