June 23, 2018, 01:06:27 PM

Author Topic: walkway, platform, folding place to stand on to clean tall windshields?  (Read 3817 times)

captain ron

Re: walkway, platform, folding place to stand on to clean tall windshields?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 06:22:38 AM »
On MCI and GMC the front bumper folds up. You could make a brace to help support it better and bang there you go. I may research that a little more.

Offline H3Jim

• 1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »
Alas, my bumper folds down, and my windshields are so high that I need more than 20" high to stand on.  More like 48" to reach the top.  Maybe that folding ladder is the best bet.
Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 02:52:42 PM »
On MCI and GMC the front bumper folds up. You could make a brace to help support it better and bang there you go. I may research that a little more.

Ron not all MCI bumpers fold up, 96A's !02A's, B's, C's, D's, E's, and up (basically anything after a "9") the bumpers fold down! And most even make a great step, but way too low for TALL windshields like what Jim and I have! FWIW ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)