Author Topic: Best Auto Darkening Welding Helmet?  (Read 4984 times)

Offline NJT5047

Re: Best Auto Darkening Welding Helmet?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2007, 10:44:31 AM »
I'll have to try some of the gel....Pam smells pretty good when burnt.  I use Pam on my outdoor grill.  That smell would make me hungry.  That's a problem. 
Anything to save on production costs.  Man I've burned up some contact tips lately.   I sorta weld by "feel" and sound.  Then  stop, look, and see if I actually stuck anything together!  Not too good!  ???
I'm going to go down and check out some of the upscale helmets this weekend.  Gotta do something. 
Got some thin metal welding projects to get going on...haven't done much since the eye surgery.  Don't see well at all up close.  BIG magnifying lens oughta fix that..I hope.
Thanks, JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2007, 07:09:05 PM »
Neatest trick I ever saw.
Met a welder once who had a special pair of glasses made, primarily for welding.
I think all who wear bifocals know what a pain it is in the neck to always be tilting your head back to see what you are welding thru the bifocals.
Well this guy had the standard close vision lens on the bottom of the lens and then he had an additional close vision ground into the top of the lens. That way he was tilting his head down to see where he was welding.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline plantation

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007, 09:47:36 PM »
How do you hold the corrective lens that you can get at welding store in the cheaper Auto Darkening  helmets.
Thanks
Lowell

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal