Author Topic: Did I make a mistake?  (Read 10641 times)

Offline dwbruner

Re: Did I make a mistake?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 02:04:45 AM »
IMHO you have made a great purchase...not a mistake.

I purchased the largest Little Giant extension ladder available about 14 years ago.  It can be changed into a 24' extension ladder, an 11' A-frame ladder, broken down into two 6' ladders and adjusted into various orientations for stairs, slopes, etc.  All folded down it is approx 5'-6" tall and weighs about 60 lbs.  It is the most stable & versatile ladder I've ever used.

And no mine is not for sale either!  :)
Darrin Bruner
1985 Eagle Model 10

NCbob

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2006, 04:18:11 AM »
The ladder arrived yesterday so this being a holiday weekend I might even take it out of the box and see how many times I can get my fingers pinched.  :-\

Or, I might just put the wife in the Scion and drive down and terrorize Chuck Lott.  ;)

I hate Holiday weekends...just can't seem to get anything accomplished.

Have a great Memorial Day and don't forget to remember the reasons we celebrate it.

NCbob

Dallas

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 04:51:55 AM »
The ladder arrived yesterday so this being a holiday weekend I might even take it out of the box and see how many times I can get my fingers pinched.  :-\

Or, I might just put the wife in the Scion and drive down and terrorize Chuck Lott.  ;)

I hate Holiday weekends...just can't seem to get anything accomplished.

Have a great Memorial Day and don't forget to remember the reasons we celebrate it.

NCbob

Bob,
If there's a danger of pinched fingers, you know you'll need a large supply of ice cold liquid pain reliever. Take 2 every half hour and repeat as needed.
Not to exceed 24 in any 6 hour period.

Otherwise, just put the ladder away until you've read the directions and fully understand it's foibles.
If you take the wife out, make sure you are very careful on the road. There's always a chance that someone else has been using the pain reliever prescription too.
We want you, your wife and everyone else to have a safe weekend.

Dallas and Cat

Offline Geoff

• Geoff & Sherry's RTS Conversion Pics
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 05:30:42 AM »
I've seen the little giant ladders, and they seem way too big, complicated, and heavy to be convenient to use for my bus.  I bought one of these:

http://www.beanstalkladder.com/

Not cheap, but very light and it fits nicely in my short bays.  I have the accessories to use it as a step ladder also.  I bought it at one of the MAK Gatherings at the Caverns from the guy who designed them.

--Geoff
Geoff
'82 RTS AZ

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal