Author Topic: Need input for Bussin' 2008 Seminars & Crafts  (Read 4498 times)

Dreamscape

Re: Need input for Bussin' 2008 Seminars & Crafts
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2007, 02:30:48 AM »
Jack,

Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions for TBR 2007! Everything went very well and it gave me some good ideas for the next one! Same low key approach but with at least one planned bus talk event. Hopefully one that every bus owner can benefit from.

My wife sure enjoyed talking with all of the bus nut Ladies! This was her first event also, and she was excited seeing all of the other coaches up close and personal. She has made me a punch list for things she would like to see. My workload has just been increased.  ;)

Many Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2007, 05:51:43 AM »
  Our Bussin' rallies started with 45 coaches the first year, followed by 75, 130, 186, 198, 168, 180 in the following years.  I still like the small rallies, but as the small rally becomes more popular, it is no longer a small rally. I was once told to just cut off the registrations at a certain number, but I could never tell someone "sorry, but you can't come to our rally" and of course some will  still show up unannounced.
  Right now there are 3 large bus conversion rallies, our Bussin' rally, Busn' USA in Oregon, and MAK's Gathering in Arizona.  Unfortunately, many busnuts can not drive that far or get the time off to attend these rallies. The nice thing about these smaller rallies such as Paul's TBR, Christy's NJT, and Kyles "non Rally" is it gives people a chance to attend a rally closer to home.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2007, 06:02:56 AM »
Before the days of the internet, Eagles used to have several good rallies, as well as GMC and others. In those days there was not really any good method of communication with all the area bus nuts and rally's were somewhat limited to national organizations. FMCA held and maybe still do hold rally's, but they are such monstrous get together that I never cared for them. I did go to one in Georgia and got to meet the peanut president and his better half.

The internet and the attendant bus nut boards have allowed this local type gatherings to grow and I think it is great for the busing community.

BTW, youse guys in the NorthEast better get busy and "pick a date for 08" or all the choice dates will be gone. LOL

Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal