Author Topic: Posting Stuff for Sale at Rallies  (Read 7819 times)

Offline JohnEd

Re: Posting Stuff for Sale at Rallies
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 08:16:54 PM »
Takebird,

"Title work....$575,000"  Love ya! :-* ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the LOL

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Songman

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 08:48:45 PM »
Just trying to learn here.  Who and what is MAK?
Thanks again.
Jack

Mike Kadletz is the publisher of Bus Conversion magazine, probably one of the best sources of information for converters for the last 15 years. The MAK board is an extension of that.

Offline Barn Owl

• Roanoke, VA
  • PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 09:23:27 PM »
I don’t agree with the $50 limit. But, as stated by some others, if we don’t like it, there are alternatives.
L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2007, 05:11:22 AM »
   As was mentioned, this BB is owned and paid for by MAK Publishing (Mike & Karen Kadletz). Mike also publishes Bus Conversions Magazine. I know many that read this BB subscribe to the magazine and many do not. That is everyone's right. My personal feeling is that if the magazine was not being published, this BB would not exist. For me, this BB is worth far more to me than the cost of my subscription. 
   The moderators of this board must follow the guidelines set by Mike. I feel this is how it should be since Mike pays the bill to keep this BB available for all of us.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Dreamscape

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 05:31:48 AM »
I have also pondered this question many times.

Because of the $50 limit not much can be posted for sale on this board. That is MAK's privilege to do so, he owns it.

Now for rallies that should be easy to do. If the one person at each rally listed items for sale that would be available by various owners at the event it could be handled by simple personal emails. If they keep it within the group everyone would be aware of what would be available.
Other options are available as some have said, you just have to be creative.

Just a thought, others will have more or even better ideas.

Paul

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2007, 06:04:44 AM »
    Because of the sheer number of coaches that show up at our Bussin' Rallies, most of those attending bring everything they want to sell (with 160-180 coaches, you have a good sized "customer potential"). We have had buses pull in with a trailer load of "stuff". I think every rally has a "swap meet", whether formal or informal. The biggest problem is large items that are difficult to pack (and unpack if not sold).       
   Perhaps something could be worked out where a person going to a rally could post large items (without the price) and anyone interested could email them off BB. If a deal is struck, the item could be delivered at the rally. It seems like every rally ends up with a thread on the BB. This thread might be a good place for this to occur.  Maybe Phil the (the head moderator) & Mike can discuss this.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

captain ron

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 06:40:16 AM »
    I think every rally has a "swap meet", whether formal or informal.

Thats true here at the DBK rally (Dallas, Bryce, Kat) as we have actually been swapping everything but wives  ;D
Well Dallas did get some computer parts for cat ....... which was a damn good trade ...  ;D

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 07:12:04 AM »
Well...it was a good trade for Dallas getting all those puter parts.  Not so good for the dummy that ended up with me.   Cat ;D
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2007, 07:52:41 AM »
I have a (Suggestion) for you to consider if it is impossible for you to post all you will have for sale at each and every bus rally after I get a system that will work that we can follow, here is my suggestion.

I have a web site, nearly unlimited in size that I pay for each and every month trying to sell my Bus Inspectin CD. But since I have not sold one CD in many months I am just wasting this money in trying to help others it seem that the demand for this information has diminished.

I do not have a problem in thinking out a format that you can all view that I can post to be  available as favorite on your computer for you to keep checking on that will be on line right up to each bus rally or bus gathering date.  That way you can have a list of what everyone has for sale if they take the time to make a simple list for me to transpose on my web site.  Now this will take a lot of time to develop but I am willing to do if you all think this a good idea to consider.

I will make a form that will  allow room for your name, make of bus  and name of it you will travel in and your email address or telephone number, (If You Wish) so that you can be contacted perhaps way before the rally and a deal can possible be made and delivery of the merchandise be made at the rally.  This part will be all up to you but I will only post what you submit for your privacy.

I am not wanting to do a (ebay) here, would love to have their money for their site now though if I did.  But this will all be offered free and you can make it easy for me to post if you submit the form I will post for you to use.  Then all I have to do is copy and Paste it and minimize my computer time also.

I will have you make up your (for sale items & asking price) in numeral order.  Right now this is all planning in my head but I want to make it as easy for you, (and me) to do this as I can.

Let me know in feed back and I hope it will be in positive form if you want to consider this.  I will post the site location on the BB'd and that way not offend any of the board moderators of any bb'd.  After the rallys are complete, I will run the sale items posted for a few more days for that (Just in case deal) was not completed at the rally and thought of after the rally was done.

Well, enough of the planning right now as I have Eagle work to do, this is only a suggestion to have an area for you to do what you are now asking.  If no one objects I will do my best to make it available to you.  Now this will just be stuff available for sale at a particular rally, then deleted days after the rally is done.  This will not be duplicate ebay for bus nuts to be a running things for sale permenately such as a classified add.  Oh, at this time pictures will not be available as posting photos is a complicated thing to do on my web site and too much time involved to complete.  A suggestion, if you want pictures of a particular item for sale, send a request for this information to the seller, (from the form information posted) and you can work that out a deal between both parties.

Let me know what you think, again, (This Is Only A Suggestion) on my part that I will do my best to make available if you want it.

Gary  
Gary

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2007, 07:55:53 AM »
The "DBK, TN Bus Rally, 2007", etc. good name suggestion for next year and all of the Union City Rally's Ron.  Only if they agree though. 
Gary
Gary

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2007, 09:40:36 AM »
Nope, not DBK.  Cat is spelled with a C, not a K.  How 'bout BDC since it is really Bryces rally?  LOL

captain ron

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2007, 09:55:16 AM »
How about the ABCD Rally  (Annual Bryce,Cat,Dallas Rally)

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2007, 01:21:40 PM »
Ron, are you sure you don't mean anal, instead of annual?  LOL  Cat

Ncbob

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2007, 03:42:21 PM »
Cat, however comical your last remark was...I sure didn't expect that to come out of you...but I sure did enjoy it...and couldn't possibly think less of you for it... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Bob

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2007, 06:54:59 PM »
Why not just work out a way we could send MAK a tip or commission from the sale?

If he had a paypal account, it would be easy (- for me anyway). I know this would depend on the honor system, but I'm of the opinion that if you're so tight you won't share a little with the dude that made the sale easy to happen, then you are in for a miserable & stingy life like Scrooge.

Another way for MAK to look at it is yet another feature to draw more interest to the site.
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal