Author Topic: Anyone have experience w/busforsale.com ?  (Read 2505 times)

Offline travelingfools

Anyone have experience w/busforsale.com ?
« on: September 15, 2007, 04:29:02 PM »
I'm in the process of setting up a trip down to Tenn to look at and possibly buy a bus from busforsale.com. Has anyone bought from or had any direct dealings with this company. They offer a "bus inspection" that the salesman said is a complete go through detailing all repairs needed (at a cost of $300.). He explained to me they are a broker and don't work on commission but on a flat fee schedule. Just looking to see if anyone has used this service.
John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT

Ncbob

Re: Anyone have experience w/busforsale.com ?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 05:04:53 PM »
I took a look at their Website and have to concur with you that they are "Brokers" which tells me, in my cynical view of the world, that they simply list (and have no interest other than profit) Buses for sale.

Did I mention that when it comes to spending MY money...I'm terribly cynical and suspect? :-\

I have no Pro or Con opinion of this Company and have never had dealings with them.
I can only offer the standard caution in dealing with anyone who deals wholesale in used equipment, "Caveat Emptor" (let the buyer beware).

A broker is only listing items for sale and may not know anything personally about the item being offered.  It may have been run hard and put up wet (as we who know horses say) and might spins yarns about who owned and/or traveled in the bus...but in the final reality that doesn't make a tinkers' darn about the mechanical condition.

I wish you well in your quest for the perfect bus...may the Bus Gods smile upon you.

NCbob

Offline jjrbus

• MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 05:23:21 PM »
You may want to mention type of bus, year, name etc. Maybe someone knows of it.
Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Offline travelingfools

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 06:02:28 PM »
Ive been speaking with them re:the NJT busses..

Offline pete81eaglefanasty

• smithmotorsports
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 06:40:54 PM »
 Yes we bought our bus from them back in 1998 and are very well pleased with the way they did business. John Spelling the owner, showed us the papers on the bus for the last ten years and told us everything that was wrong with it.  He was very honest and took us on a test ride, he also explained how everything worked.  He was very helpful to give me phone numbers to places where I could buy parts.

Pete & Jean
                Fantasy
WHAT EVER YOU DO, OR TO WHO YOU DO IT TOO, DO IT WITH A SMILE, IT MAKES IT LEGAL THAT WAY.

belfert

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 07:05:09 PM »
I assume you are looking at the NJT MC9s they have for sale.  Didn't NJT decommission these a number of years ago?  My concern might be that these are the runts of the litter since folks have had a pretty good amount of time to pick through NJT MC9s.

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 08:00:59 PM »
Hi TF,

John & Hillary Spellings seem to be good people. I have sent some folks to them in the past with good results.

They have been listed in my Bus Shell Converters site [in the links section] since the beginning.

Good Luck
Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline travelingfools

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 03:40:27 AM »
I assume you are looking at the NJT MC9s they have for sale.  Didn't NJT decommission these a number of years ago?  My concern might be that these are the runts of the litter since folks have had a pretty good amount of time to pick through NJT MC9s.

According to the salesman (boy, I shiver even typing that) the po was a guy in arizona...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal