Author Topic: 2007 Non-Rally at The Cove, October 12 thru 14th  (Read 121641 times)

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
Re: October 12 thru 14th Non-Rally at The Cove
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 05:06:33 AM »
Hi Gene,
It was a real pleasure for me to have met you in Timmonsville. I hope everything goes well for you all & if we see you at the cove - that will be a BONUS!  ;D ;D ;D
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

captain ron

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 06:28:24 AM »
Hi Gene,
It was a real pleasure for me to have met you in Timmonsville. I hope everything goes well for you all & if we see you at the cove - BONUS!  ;D ;D ;D

Can you find anything funny about this post?

I was planning on going to Christy's gig cause it's closer to where I'm at and need to be later but you guys got pickers, Hmmm

Offline ake1994

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2007, 08:54:57 AM »
Kyle,

I sent you a separate email a few weeks ago confirming we would be at the Cove. Thought I would do so here also to let others know.

This will be the maiden trip for the Ex NJT MC 9 5142 and the three of us. From what I have read it looks like we have picked a great non-ralley for our first trip. Right now I am planning on coming down from Va. on Friday. Might even pull out of here Thursday just to get away from the real world a little quicker.

We Will help out or contribute anyway we can. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Breck

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2007, 11:58:05 AM »
Kyle,

I sent you a separate email a few weeks ago confirming we would be at the Cove. Thought I would do so here also to let others know.

This will be the maiden trip for the Ex NJT MC 9 5142 and the three of us. From what I have read it looks like we have picked a great non-ralley for our first trip. Right now I am planning on coming down from Va. on Friday. Might even pull out of here Thursday just to get away from the real world a little quicker.

We Will help out or contribute anyway we can. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Breck

Hi Breck,
We are planning on going over on Thursday...if you arrive on Thursday you won't be alone in that sea of Airstreams!
I'll bet the campsite choices will be better on Thursday. 

Ron, yep, we got pickers.   Decisions decisions!  It could be right cool out there, but Kyle says there's an indoor area available for a jam. 

Too bad Gene cannot make the trip to PC...he cooks up some good BBQ!

Later, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »

ake1994

if you happen to come through Lenoir NC or forest city or rutherfordton NC you can join the bus caravan to the cove. Tom Hamrick and myself and several others are planning on meeting some where on Hy 221 and going together to chessnee SC and the along beautiful Hy 11 to the cove.

keep in touch and we will have final plans as we get closer to the non-rally

we are not far off i77 and i40 send us a note on your planed route down.

as of now the date of leaving is Friday morning. If you get as far as Lenoir we will try to find you a place to light down.

Should be a sight gm's, eagles, and MCI's going down the road together.
uncle Ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

captain ron

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 05:44:19 PM »
Kyle, You got space for a last minute bus. I may do some bonding with my dad and bring him over there. Not sure yet gotta see how this interior job goes and get enough fuel money together. Gotta see if I can get any gigs over in that area, If the banjo player can then I know I can  ;D  Here's an announcement you'll never hear over the PA in a concert hall.
"will the banjo player please move his Ferrari."  ;D

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2007, 05:59:26 PM »
Hey Ron,
We'll toss out an Airstream if we have to to make room for ya!  :o ;D 8)

Seriously tho, there will be plenty of room.

148 spaces & ~ 50 are signed up so far for the 3 rallys there that weekend. Looks like the busnuts will have the most there.  ;D
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2007, 06:53:51 PM »
Yo!  Google has a great sat view of the park.  Kyle, where's the buses going to park?  I'm going to pay for a campsite for Anita and John when I arrive so that they will be located next to me.  That isn't like "reservations"...hmmm?
Breck, are you going down I-81W and catch I-26S or East as it may be?   Watch that hill coming out of Asheville (actually just past Hendersonville).  Keep your retarder on. 
If you find yourself near Charlotte, come on by and I'll show you the rest of the way.
Well, today we celebrate 25 years of matrimony.   Had our silver anniversary.  Never thought I'd live this long!  ;)  Been a good ride!
Looking forward to the October 12th weekend!
Cliff, and NCBob and Jon, when are ya'll coming up....and down? 

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2007, 07:53:52 PM »
i know this is a stupid question, especially after 3 pages of posts, but where is this rally?

it sound south of us, and we're goin to be in the carolina's at that time doing shows.
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2007, 08:05:32 PM »
i know this is a stupid question, especially after 3 pages of posts, but where is this rally?

it sound south of us, and we're goin to be in the carolina's at that time doing shows.

Tom,
The only stupid question, is the one that isn't asked (or isn't asked in time! LOL!)! That said I did some research of the archives and came up with this for you!
A link to Palmetto Cove's brochure

http://palmettocove.com/?download=Cove%20Brochure.pdf

Also, the website:

http://palmettocove.com/index.php

;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2007, 08:06:25 PM »

Tom,
Remember the only true stupid question is one that is not asked! (at least not on time ! LOL!)
I did some searching in the archives and came up with this for you!
A link to Palmetto Cove's brochure

http://palmettocove.com/?download=Cove%20Brochure.pdf

Also, the website:

http://palmettocove.com/index.php

Hopefully this will get you what ya need, if not I'm sure some of the other blabber mouths will chime in to assist! LOL!

;D  BK  ;D 

OH yeah, by the way this is a NON-Rally!
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2007, 08:12:59 PM »
Ooppps Dang it I hate it when my 'puter does that! I think I need to start threat'n it like Dallas does his! But I'm gonna threat'n mine that it's gonna become a SETRA wheel chock! Instead of using a welder on it! LOL! ;D  BK  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2007, 08:13:43 PM »
It's about 30 miles West of SC Hwy 11/I-26 in Western South Carolina.  Follow highway 11 towards Cleveland, SC (not Ga).  R onto Hwy 276, L onto Hwy 8, R onto Table Rock Rd.    Campgrounds on the Left a couple of miles down Table Rock Rd.
The campground is Palmetto Cove Campground, Cleveland, SC.  Appears to have plenty of hookups and room.  
Go to Google Maps, and find I-26 and Hwy 11 just South of the NC/SC line.   Follow 11 West and you'll see the area.  
Kyle has a web address posted on one of the early posts.   I'll dig it up and repost.  
Where are you in the "Carolinas"?  We're in the Charlotte area. If you need a watering hole or break, give me a call.  704 650 0235  I got lots of room to park a bus...or 10 buses.  We're heading over to Palmetto cove on Thursday mid morn.  
Hope to see you there!  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2007, 08:20:14 PM »
Bryce, you got 3 posts with links up faster than I could do one...without links!~  Bummer.  I'm getting slow!  ;)
But, hey...my directions were pretty flowery and all that!  :D
Thanks, JR   8)
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

Offline Busted Knuckle

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2007, 08:24:18 PM »
Bryce, you got 3 posts with links up faster than I could do one...without links!~  Bummer.  I'm getting slow!  ;)
But, hey...my directions were pretty flowery and all that!  :D
Thanks, JR   8)

Yeah JR those sure are some purty directions thar!
And I only meant to post once! But my dang computer showed that the post got lost in cyberspace, then when I reposted the first one showed back up! Dang things gonna be a wheel chock before long! ;D  BK  ;D
www.kylakesidetravel.net

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal