Author Topic: 2007 Non-Rally at The Cove, October 12 thru 14th  (Read 121825 times)

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
Re: October 12 thru 14th Non-Rally at The Cove
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2007, 08:46:12 PM »
i know this is a stupid question, especially after 3 pages of posts, but where is this rally?

it sound south of us, and we're goin to be in the carolina's at that time doing shows.

Thanks BK & JR for the links & directions!

First post on page 1 in this thread has a link to another thread concerning this non-rally. I only mention this to make sure everyone understands the park limitations - the main one being that the campers must be fully self contained with functioning toilets, sinks & waste tanks. These are gubberment rules since the campground does not have any bath houses.

All are welcome - & as long as you meet the requirements, you can stay overnight . . . . .  ;D
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2007, 09:50:34 PM »
Yo!  Google has a great sat view of the park.  Kyle, where's the buses going to park?  I'm going to pay for a campsite for Anita and John when I arrive so that they will be located next to me.  That isn't like "reservations"...hmmm?
Breck, are you going down I-81W and catch I-26S or East as it may be?   Watch that hill coming out of Asheville (actually just past Hendersonville).  Keep your retarder on. 
If you find yourself near Charlotte, come on by and I'll show you the rest of the way.
Well, today we celebrate 25 years of matrimony.   Had our silver anniversary.  Never thought I'd live this long!  ;)  Been a good ride!
Looking forward to the October 12th weekend!
Cliff, and NCBob and Jon, when are ya'll coming up....and down? 

JR

Congrats JR on both,  anniversary and living this long :) 

I'll prolly be coming up friday.  just a suggestion, If the first buses ADAM 69, that could be a gathering area.

Captain Ron, Don't forget the Pumpkintown festival on Sat., if anybody wants a field trip not to far away.
Link on one of these threads.  it's a daylight festival,

I was hopin to possiby ride over and meet Bob's alternator fellow.

Also if anyone is comin up 85 from georgia, hwy 11 is the first exit, # 2 i believe.,  check the mapquest site

Look forward to seeing/meeting you all. 

You too Gene, Hope you can make it.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

captain ron

« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2007, 12:34:32 AM »
Captain Ron, Don't forget the Pumpkintown festival on Sat., if anybody wants a field trip not to far away.
Link on one of these threads.  it's a daylight festival,

I was hopin to possiby ride over and meet Bob's alternator fellow.

Don't you mean "Punkin Town"

Are you talking about where Nc Bob and my dad live?

Offline trailblazer2

• 1990 Chevrolet C-60 Activity
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2007, 01:44:34 PM »
 Kyle;
 It Looks like we'll be comin down too! (GOOD LORDS WILLING!)We will bring the ole NJT #5328 and a few items to swap,and sell! I will try to roll in Wednesday evening and soak up some of GODS COUNTRY ahead of yall!I will try to bring that SCENICRUISER STUUFF i HAVE been promising,and some other bus memorbilia;what else? Oh yeah ;a good appetite(I'm gettin tired of jam samichs,and hot water soup!)
SEE YA !; Bill
"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston

captain ron

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2007, 04:02:08 PM »
Looks like I'll be coming over there and bringing my dad. I just talked to him, he's always threatened to come on a trip with me but never has so I'm calling his bluff. As long as there are no surprises I'm set to come. How many buses and who all do you expect?

Offline kyle4501

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2007, 06:20:54 PM »
As for the bus nut Non-Rally, I count ~18 units, mostly busses but there will be some of those "trailer people" & a class C or two  ;D

The Airstreamers will have ~20 units & the other group is expected to have ~10 units.

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2007, 07:34:19 PM »
Kyle, will an indoor area be readily available for jams?   If the weather's nice, we won't go inside....we'll pick outdoors.  But...if the weather is -40* and drifting snow...well, that just wouldn't be any fun picking outside.  Have you any idea where in the park the buses are going to placed as a group? 
No no biggie, just curious.
One of the best campground places I ever played in was the ladies room.  Showers and all.
Great boo....ummmm acoustics.  Yeah. ;D  I know, nuthing funny here either. 
'There will be! 
Ron, you going to be there?  Bringing yer gitar are ye?
That oughta give us another guitar, bass, mando, and I hope like H a Ferrari driving bango player.  Then we got John an Wynona's and Gary's vocals.  Banjer player is up in Hendersonville.  Ain't too fer away.  I suppose that I should mention that Greg has his Ferrari painted to resemble some sort of old Chrylser sedan.   Real smart on his part.  His Ferrari hasn't be stolen yet.  Incogneeter you know.   
BTW, Gary, what instruments you going to bring?  You have a guitar and banjo? Se?
It'll all work out!  garuntee.     We'll see what happens!  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline kyle4501

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2007, 08:20:42 PM »
The heated & air conditioned 'Palmetto Hall' will be available for us to use IF the airstreamers don't need it for a meeting or something. They have a schedule of when they need it, & we can look at it & make our plans around that.  ;D
When you are jammin, I expect there will be more than a few Airstreamers in the audience.

BTW, if it's -40, I'll be at home - 'cause I'm leaving well before the hard freeze  :o You know how thin skinned some S&S campers can be! LOL

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2007, 09:38:45 PM »
Quote from: kyle4501
BTW, if it's -40, I'll be at home - 'cause I'm leaving well before the hard freeze  :o You know how thin skinned some S&S campers can be! LOL

Oh I can't believe he just said that! LOL! Kyle you OK? Maybe I ain't been pick'n on ya enough lately! LOL! ;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline kyle4501

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2007, 07:59:54 PM »
Holy COW! less than 2 weeks to go  :o

How time flies! 

I guess I need to start doing something towards getting some food  8)

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2007, 07:37:06 AM »
Kyle, let me know what food or supplies are still needed.  I'll bring whatever. 
JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2007, 05:41:10 PM »
Does anybody have one of those portable fire pit things to bring.  I dont recall fire rings at the cove.  Thought we might want the central fire pit

I'll bring some firewood.
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

captain ron

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2007, 07:03:54 PM »
I keep a portable fire pit in my bus (fully enclosed).

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2007, 07:38:07 PM »
Jon, will they allow open..or even not so open, fires?  Don't reckon it makes much difference since Ron's got the burner anyway...or should that be Mr. Charlydavidson?  Harley will be after Ron's butt soon enough for infringement!  ;)  Just as soon as they see the web address!   :D That's definitely funny!  I don't care who you are!  ;D
Around here they don't have enough water to put out fires.   Things just burn down. 
There is good news though, we've had a major drought in the this area for most of the summer.  Yet, every time I've been out in the bus this year, it's rained like #@ll.  So either way this time, I win.  I'd rather see nice warm, dry weather, but rain's OK as long as we got an indoor place to do our thingy.  We've been to 7 events this summer and I've had to put up the awning at every one of them at some point due to weather.  It got ripped off at Oakboro.  Hell, I'm coming to Kyle's Non-Rally anyway...in spite of the weather!   ;)
Ron, you got any gigs booked for the Biketoberfest at Myrtle Beach?  You were there last year?   
Oh well, I'm sitting here listening to shag music (I know  :-[) I ripped and burned for T.
Just bought a new laptop, and I had to sort out the burner anyway.  May as well screw up her music.  Found out the the burner when set on "fastest" burn speed will overrun the buffer.  Loses about a half the music.   We got it straight now.  Just another day...just another day....
Looking forward to seeing everyone again!  JR
BTW,  Ron, does your fire ring operate on LP?  I've got a new fill sitting here.  Could bring it if your fire ring is LP and will attach to a 20lb gas grill tank?  Let me know. 

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

captain ron

« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2007, 07:46:56 PM »
It holds fire wood. no need for LP.  Why would Harley go after me? I'm not infringing on them Their name is Harley Davidson mine is Charley Davidson. Nothing booked for Myrtle Beach, When does that happen?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal