Author Topic: 2007 Non-Rally at The Cove, October 12 thru 14th  (Read 121441 times)

Ncbob

Re: October 12 thru 14th Non-Rally at The Cove
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2007, 08:30:00 AM »
Being that this thread is so long...let's not forget the Airstreamer's Auction. Kyle has asked if we might donate something as a gesture of a "Thank You" for being allowed to use their beautiful facility.  It doesn't have to be anything big and expensive just practical and new, please.

I guess, just like the big rallies, there'll be a few of us who will bring some bus items for others to avail themselves of for a buck or two.  I have some of those items too but would like to see if there's any interest in a pair of Kennedy Machinist's chests with the precision tools I've had since I was an apprentice. All or by the piece...I don't care. There's mic's, dial calipers, 1-2-3 blocks and Vee blocks etc.  Lots of goodies!

If interested PM me...enough interest..I'll bring 'em.

Bob

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2007, 09:43:50 AM »
Hey Bob,
The stuff for the auction can be used. In the past it has included yard sale type stuff - just no trash, please ;D

The auction is on Friday night.

We'll keep the Spaghetti warm for the late arrivals - just bring your plate, drink, & flat ware to Palmetto Hall & we'll feed ya!

Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Ncbob

« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2007, 10:48:15 AM »
Oh Fearless Leader, I stand corrected...for which I think you. Oh Boy...have we got Flea Market stuff! If it were fleas on a dog...you wouldn't be able to find the dog!

Bob

Offline kyle4501

« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2007, 10:54:38 AM »
Oh Yeah, before I forget again, please bring some empty 2 liter drink bottles for a fun activity I'm hoping to have for the kids (& us immature old farts too !  ;D  ;D  ;D)

I'm trying to finish up a launcher for water bottle rockets. We sure had fun with it in Boy Scouts.  8)

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2007, 10:59:45 AM »
Bob,

Remember the breakfast Cooks (Kyle & Cliff) reserve the right to look over ALL goods before offering them for sale.

We do this as a FREE service, because if we don't want it, or can't find a use for it, it must be junk.

Of Course, we will hide it under the bus haul it away for free  ;)

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline jackhartjr

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2007, 12:10:47 PM »
Cliff...I am muchly toughed by yours and Kyle generosity in making sure that we don't get exposted to worthless junk...like running dogs that go on the front of an old Greyhound, Scenicruiser doors and window glass and such.  Heaven forbid someone bring in a rear window (The big one in the middle) for sale.  I am glad that you and Kyle will dispose of it. 
I am touched! ;D
Jack
Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)

Ncbob

« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2007, 02:47:33 PM »
Geez Cliff...you guys are soo good to me! :D

Kyle and I were talking a few ago and the mention of my helping out came up and I said, "Sure, as long as I can have a cup o' coffee to get my eyes opened", and he asked about a large coffee maker. I don't have one..I think we took advantage of the fact that cat had one or two.  Does anyone attending have, or have access to, a 20 or 40 cup coffee maker we might ask them to bring for the 'early birds' in the morning who need their caffeine fix?. Last non-rally the wife made Lemonade for the youngsters but only in quart batches and it went over like Gangbusters. If there's a large whatever for the lemonade or ice tea...that might be a help as well.

The ball is in your court BusNuts. ;)

Bob

captain ron

« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2007, 05:07:40 PM »
Bob, My dad is bringing one.

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2007, 05:55:50 PM »
Kyle, a couple of questions for those that might be coming by auto.

Since there are no public restrooms, do you think someone might be willing to share their potty if the need arises?

Are there any motels in the vicinity and what would be the possibility of getting a reservation?

Do you think anyone would be willing to offer the use of a cooktop to cook custard for homemade ice cream?

Do you think the the Karaoke Disc Jockey would be willing to share the mike with a Tammy Wynette type?

Inquiring minds would like to know.

Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2007, 06:30:19 PM »

http://www.discoversouthcarolina.com/product.aspx?productID=500

http://www.cliffscommunities.com/la-bastide/

Richard,  your welcome to potty in my bus,  as long as we don't over flow the 100 gal black water tank. :P, carful of the leaky pedal valve.

theres cabins a table rock not too far away,

brevard is just over the hill on 276.

Flat Rock sorda close by

I'm sure some googling will turn out more.
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline kyle4501

« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2007, 06:57:54 PM »
Since there are no public restrooms, do you think someone might be willing to share their potty if the need arises?
Of course, we're busnuts  ;D

Are there any motels in the vicinity and what would be the possibility of getting a reservation?
See NewbeeMC9's links

Do you think anyone would be willing to offer the use of a cooktop to cook custard for homemade ice cream?
Oh H### yes  ;D

Do you think the the Karaoke Disc Jockey would be willing to share the mike with a Tammy Wynette type?
Can't say  ;)

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2007, 07:21:42 PM »

Richard

Richard, your hair's purdy but i wasn't thinking Tammy Wynette. ;D  but i don't think anybody will stop you from singing like her.
 :D
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2007, 07:39:57 PM »

Richard

Richard, your hair's purdy but i wasn't thinking Tammy Wynette. ;D  but i don't think anybody will stop you from singing like her.
 :D

Yea, but you orta hear Miss Lazy.
LOL
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2007, 08:12:22 PM »
Richard, on Sat afternoon, you won't need the karaoke jockey, you'll have access to a backup band.   Looks like Sat afternoon we'll have a banjo, guitar (two with Ron), mando, and a bass.  That's almost a band!  Now if we can just learn to play those things before the weekend!   ???
Is Gary bringing the karaoke machine? Gary? 
Regarding motels, as Jon said, there are nice motels in Brevard with is 22 miles up 276. 
There's a new Hampton Inn...we stayed there 2 weeks ago.  Nice.  There may be others.  Brevard has a good bit of food, flavor and motels.  Good BBQ place across the street (sort of) from the Hampton Inn.
From Brevard, you can head back north toward the Ashville airport and quickly get to the Interstate.    Don't drive over on 64...that's a nightmare. 
Let me know if interested and I'll get you some local directions...from real mountain people! 
And Richard, don't worry about filling holding tanks, aren't these sites full hookup? 
Won't be a problem either way!  Come'on down!  You're welcome to use our facilities too.  And Miss Lazy is welcome to recuse herself to the great indoors should she wish to get inside.  May be a little cool there on Saturday.  70 during the day....maybe mid 40s at night. :)
That reminds me, Kyle, if it does turn off bad weather, will we be allowed to pick in a room?  Is there an unused area where it ain't 40 or 50 degrees?  I know that there's no wimmins bath house...so that's out.   :(   
We'll see what is available when I get there.   We'll have to get with Ron aka Charley Davidson and see what he wants to do.   
Whatever works for the masses!
JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline kyle4501

« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2007, 08:25:34 PM »
RE:
Is there an unused area where it ain't 40 or 50 degrees?

Depends on the time. We have use of Palmetto Hall except when the Airstreamers are using it. THey have a schedule that we can look at when we get there & plan accordingly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal