Author Topic: 2007 Non-Rally at The Cove, October 12 thru 14th  (Read 121438 times)

Offline NJT5047

Re: October 12 thru 14th Non-Rally at The Cove
« Reply #150 on: October 10, 2007, 10:26:23 AM »
Because there are two other groups who have booked their rallies for the same weekend, they will putting the buses in unused spaces between Airstreams that are parked for storage (quiet neighbors, LOL).  Airstreamers have built nice facilities here and it's clear that they take good care of it.
Kirby & Linda

HUH?  "Between stored campers?"   They don't like busnuts people????
I wanna park beside a BUS!!!!    :D
JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

captain ron

« Reply #151 on: October 10, 2007, 10:30:55 AM »
Am I gonna drive all the way over there to be treated like trailer trash?

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #152 on: October 10, 2007, 11:07:42 AM »
My mom is the current president of the Local Airstream club. Yes we will be able to use the facilities, we just have to work around the Airstreamer's schedule.

I'm on a heck of a learning curve here, but I'm confident we will be able to reserve the whole park for next year's Non-Rally. You can reserve the whole place, but not individual spaces  ???  their park, their rules. As nice as the park is, their rules must be working.  :)

I'll be there Thurs afternoon for a while & we can get this all sorted out easily then.

Being parked near the road greatly enhances your chances at cell phone reception.

I was also told by Anthony (pres of The Cove Board) that some 50A spaces would be available . . . Seems that info wasn't effectively shared with the staff.

Kirby & Linda, I wish I could have been there when y'all got there to help with the resident confusion . . . .  ;D

Lookin' forward to seeing Ya'

Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #153 on: October 10, 2007, 11:28:15 AM »
Am I gonna drive all the way over there to be treated like trailer trash?

They ARE Airstream trailers  ;D 
The worst space there is still way better than most of the other places I've been.

Most of the Airstreamers & Cove members welcome us & are thrilled that we are coming. I've heard some are coming up for the Airstream rally just to meet us.  8)   
Friday night we are sharing a spaghetti dinner with the Airstreamers & 'eating out of the same pot'. Friday night we will get to host a dinner for the Airstreamers.
We have been invited to participate in the auction to benefit The Cove Friday night. So we are more welcome than a few want to think.

There are always a few %&$ in every crowd that make things more confusing & difficult than they need to be.  ::)  Some of them can't get past The Partridge Family.  :P

The thing is the groups having rallys there have been getting smaller & smaller. Some of the %&$ haven't figured out that new groups bringing in bigger rallys is a good thing.

If I understood right, there are ~10 Airstreamers signed up for this weekend. & the other group isn't much bigger.

You should have heard the excitement when I told them I was expecting 15 buses, they thought that was a good sized rally! It looks like we'll have 25+ from what I can tell. That is a good thing  ;D
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Ncbob

« Reply #154 on: October 10, 2007, 02:09:37 PM »
Between Cliff and me we have the coffee pots (2- 35 cup models) and the Propane french fryers covered.
Ron Elkins Sr. (Ron's Dad) has loaned us his and I came up with another on the coffee pots. Ron, Sr. also tossed in 2#'s of coffee.  What a deal!

So it looks like everything that can be under control is. We'll be there about noon (depending on Cliff) and are looking forward to a fine weekend with great folks. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

NCbob

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #155 on: October 10, 2007, 07:21:35 PM »

Well.  If I'm treated like nice trailer trash, that'll be an improvement compared to a normal day in my life. 
As long as I'm parked next to a nice stored Airstream, no problem...who knows...I may be able to use some Airstream parts....SORRY...Just joking!  Bob, you bringing any tools?  Bluelight specials!  Maybe we can sell some Airstream parts at the bus 'yard sale'?  ;D ;D ;D
Kyle, that "Wagonmaster" job is cool huh??!   I used to promote a bluegrass festival.  Spent a ton of money and time, worried over the weather, what complete bands would actually show, who would drink too much,  how many vehicles get stuck if big rains, how many port-O-jons, ....add infinitum....you sorta got the same tiger by the tail!  Good luck!   I cannot imagine how Jack Conrad stays sane following an Arcadia rally!  Whatta nightmare that's gotta be.   Jack's an automatron...like the ever-ready bunny. Just watching him makes me tired!   Paula's the same way.  Too bad they won't be up for the Non-Rally. 
We oughta be in by about 2P tomorrow...NCBob will be just in front of us'ns.  Maybe!  ;)
T's gotta get her exercises all done up before we leave tomorrow.  Can't exercise in the bus.  Exercising in the bus makes the airbags squeak.  Sort odd sounding outside.  ::)  Gotta lube up the suspension. 
Reckon Bill and Phyllis made the trip today?  They oughta be there.  Anyone else? 
I shoulda gone on over tonight, but, for the safety of the world, I'll go during daylight. 
Cheerio, JR  8)

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

captain ron

« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2007, 07:26:24 PM »
I'm leaving early a.m. but gotta make a couple stops. hope to get there about dark:30. I loose an hour on the way over also.

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2007, 07:35:10 PM »
We'll leave the Jimmy Buffett tree on for ya!   
JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

Offline buddydawg

« Reply #158 on: October 11, 2007, 09:08:17 AM »
Good luck this weekend!  Keep us informed on how things are going if you can get a signal. 
1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA

Offline buddydawg

« Reply #159 on: October 11, 2007, 09:10:39 AM »
 :) :) I just realized that this is a record breaking post!!  (Other than the pinned post at the top)
1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA

Offline jackhartjr

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
« Reply #160 on: October 11, 2007, 10:05:54 AM »
Just so ya'll know...the Spiedies Chick has been marinating since Tuesday night, by Saturday night it will be just right!

Check out this Wikipedia on what exactly Spiedies is all about.

YUM YUM!
Jack-n-Dianne
Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)

Offline jackhartjr

« Reply #161 on: October 11, 2007, 10:06:54 AM »
OOP's forgot the link!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiedie

Jack-n-Dianne!
Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit

captain ron

« Reply #162 on: October 11, 2007, 10:20:50 AM »
Late start, leaving Bryce's right now see you tonight or tomorrow.

Offline jackhartjr

« Reply #163 on: October 11, 2007, 11:15:02 AM »
Any of you fine folks that have not left the house have any of the metal skewers you can bring to cook the Spiedies with?  I need about 40 or so.
Thanks a ton!
Jack
PS...used to have about 40, can't find 'em.  May pick up a bunch tonight!
Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #164 on: October 11, 2007, 01:57:27 PM »
Major change of plans. Just got notified of a closing on some property already scheduled for Friday PM. You guys and gals have a great time. Wish I had been able to join you. Maybe next year, the good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal