Author Topic: 2007 Non-Rally at The Cove, October 12 thru 14th  (Read 121439 times)

Offline jackhartjr

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
Re: October 12 thru 14th Non-Rally at The Cove
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2007, 06:05:02 PM »
And another!
Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)

Offline jackhartjr

« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2007, 06:05:43 PM »
And yet another!
Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit

Offline jackhartjr

« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2007, 06:08:20 PM »
And another!
These boys and gurls are good!

I wish you could send bigger photos.  A coule of good ones I left out because of size!
Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit

Offline bubbaqgal

« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2007, 06:23:51 PM »
Thanks Jack.  Don't worry about the size.  Gary will get his put on his website in a few days and then we will have his views on these buses in addition to yours.
Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2007, 06:54:11 PM »
Enuff sugar,  I'M GONNA COMPLAIN! >:(     ( somebody has to be the one in the crowd,  I'll take turn :P)

>:( I didn't get any Burgers or Spedies Chicken!!!! >:( :'(

Did miss you there Gene but Charles snuck some BBQ in any way.

Missed Dallas and Kat there too.

Anyhoo,

Had great spookgetti.  Would like to throw out a special thanks to all the chefs :-*  wish i could have observed some expert grilling techniques.  Did get some of those tasty sausages.

Great to finally meet Tom H and a whole slew of new friends.

The Incredible Flexible could have been its own show and charged admission to see. I don't recall it as a Centerfold, MAK?!!  

Great to see old friends and wish I could have drank some more of FLBob's brews.

Captain Ron/Charley Davidson looks tuff, but thats just for show and he wasn't doin a show,  his dad was even proud of what a nice fellow he was.

I wish i coulda hung out more and enjoyed getting to see all that I did.

"Kyle for president"  ???

Might as well, since smarts ain't a requirement, and we'd have a nice looking first lady! :)
however he'd have to have his own press conference channel :D ;D
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2007, 06:56:39 PM »
Let's see if this works.  I've got to figure out this new computer anyway!
This here's Capt Ron, Cliff, NCBob, and Uncle Ned
JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2007, 06:58:57 PM »
Well.  That didn't work exactly like I wanted.  Next try!  ;)
It won't load but one pix at a time!!! ???  This is my bus.
JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2007, 07:07:24 PM »
I believe this is figured out.  Ok...My bus, Bill Haga, Gary LaBombardo (hidden),  Gary Lang (Flx), and Linda and Kirby.
JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2007, 07:13:57 PM »
And we got Breck...This is a nice conversion coming along.   This is also an ex-NJT '87 MC9. 
Another nice conversion is Jerry C's 102.  Next to Jerry is a super nice MC8 with an immaculate S50 install.  This is the property of Mr. Nixon.
There were another group of folks behind the front row of buses....I'm sorry but I didn't get back there.   As the pix describe, the weather was drop-dead gorgeous!  Great rally!   ;D
BTW, Gene, I'm going to P-mail Darrell P's email address.  He's wanting to put something together down in your part of the state.  Already set a tentative date of the weekend after Mother's Day.  Works for me! 
Sorry for all these posts...but what the.... ;)
JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

Dreamscape

« Reply #204 on: October 17, 2007, 07:49:39 PM »
All of these pictures are great. It is so good to see busses in any shape or form. I really like that Flxible, very nice looking coach.

Keep them coming.

Paul

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2007, 05:35:42 AM »
For those of you who do not know it, click on the little paper clip and open the picture in Windows Picture and Fax viewer. It should pop up up and give you that choice. You can then expand the photo to full screen with the thumb wheel on your mouse. On mine I roll the wheel up to expand the photo.
Richardup
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Linda-XL40-FL

• Night Coach
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2007, 11:40:54 AM »
Trying to attach a photo, hope it works.

Offline tomhamrick

« Reply #207 on: October 18, 2007, 01:13:04 PM »
Hey Linda, At least you got the back of my Eagle!!!  ;D

Tom Hamrick
Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #208 on: October 18, 2007, 08:00:45 PM »
I'd like to find some way to attach Tom's tail lights onto my MC9.  MC9s were blessed with butt-ugly tail light assemblies.   :'(   
Eagles have always been the best looking (Prevost XL LeMirage close..very close) bus ever built.   They have the "look."
I'll bet Gary will soon be posting pix of everyone's buses.  I know he's working on them as we speak!
Kyle, how many posts do you need to make this thread the "maximus?"
This thing has staying power!  ;)
Marked Oct on my calendar.   One nice thing about T's work...we always have calendars for a couple of years forward!
Later, JR   8)

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »
Well everyone the photos  I took at Kyle's (Non-Bus Rally), from October 12-14, 2007 at Palmetto Cove Campground are now on line at my web site which I will list below. 

As you know I did not feel very well during the rally but sure did have a good time between the bad pains I experienced at times.

I want to thank Kyle again and his entire family for making this Palmetto Cove Campsite available for us this past weekend, we all had a blast and look forward to the rallies that will grow in number at this beautiful campground.  Also thanks to all the Air Streamers that shared the campground with us busnuts and shared meals together as well as all the facilities at the campground.  I believe the Airstreamers were impressed with us busnuts and any negativity they felt might happen is now all dissipated in to thin air.

While we were mostly at the Palmetto Cove Campground in our coaches and S&S we had a few busnut friends that visited us again and I want to acknowledge them coming to share this weekend with us.  They were Leroy & Lila Ashe & Anita & John Bishop that also entertained us with their friend, (Banjo Picker- Greg Troilinger) and their Son (Fiddle Player - Drew Bishop).

The only problem I feel I did do myself was not get the names of Mike & Carol Heron's family pet names to publish with their photos.  I guess if this is the only mistake I made after all this work I did pretty good, but we were pleased to have the presence of Mike & Carol at our Bus Rally this weekend and hope they attend more of them that Kyle arranges.

Here is the web site to visit for the photo's.  There is 11 (NEW) albums to view on my web site, the names of the attendees at Kyle's rally will be on the top of each album if you are looking for you particular photo's for friends to also view. There is about 30 photos + / - a few to make down loading easier.  If there is any mistakes, please give me a day to rest up and I will then fix them.

go to:
http://community.webshots.com/user/converter101

Oh, by the way, if you know of anyone in our busnut family that does not frequent our MAK board and only the BNO board please pass on to them that the photos of our rally this past weekend is now ready for viewing on my web site posted above.  Unfortunately I do not post on the BNO board anymore and have no idea how long it will be before I do.  Thanks ahead of time.

Now I am done and quit for the night.  Hope you enjoy our Rally Photo's, we had a blast and wish you all could attend.

Gary
Gary

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal