Author Topic: Rubber Flooring For Entry?  (Read 5737 times)

Dreamscape

Rubber Flooring For Entry?
« on: September 20, 2007, 02:38:23 AM »
Anyone know where to get the rubber flooring used in the entry on the steps?

We saw that at TBR 2007 and thought that would be the most durable and easiest to clean.

Thanks for the Help.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
Re: Rubber Flooring For Entry?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 04:35:52 AM »
Paul,

I saw some rubber flooring in a diamond plate pattern, came in different colors.

If interested I will see if I can find the link.

I am planning on rubber flooring up the first set of steps through the drivers area.

We travel in ALL sorts of weather and places.... ;D  Even to Texas once a year!  ::)

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 05:21:09 AM »
I did some research some time ago when I was looking for a flooring material for an exhibition stand. I found that very similar if not identical rubber matting to that which is used in my bus is sold for flooring in garages / workshops etc. There are various patterns available (diamonds / circles / stripes etc), and I've seen it in blue, red, green etc as well as in black. A heavier version of a similar sort of product is also sold for use in stables and as a flooring in horseboxes etc.

Hope that helps

Jeremy
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

Offline busdesigner

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 05:31:25 AM »
The product you are looking for is lonseal flooring they are in Carson ,CA
The website is lonseal flooring
have used this in bus conversions very good product

busdesigner

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 05:36:08 AM »
Link would not open.

Try this:  http://www.lonseal.com/products.cfm

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline Runcutter

• Runcutter.com
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 06:05:39 AM »
Paul, try RCA Rubber in Akron, OH - 330-784-1291 if you are looking for the original flooring (Transit-Flor).  The current catalog covers GM, MCI, Flx, and even MAN artics, but I don't see Eagles.  If you want to go original, they're worth a call.  They're the original equipment manufacturer, I used to specify RCA rubber when I was buying buses.

Arthur 
Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
Former owner of a 1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others

Offline Frank @ TX

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 07:05:03 AM »
Hi Paul,
We have the rubber flooring material on our steps and landing at the driver's area.
It's from MCI. 
We wanted it smooth and high traction rubber , and long wearing. 
The MCI material comes in both smooth and textured and in quite a varity of colors.
It works for us just great , not slippery when wet and easily cleaned.
Frank

Offline Utahclaimjumper

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 07:40:46 AM »
I have a high traffic flooring on my 06 entry, its a beutifull burgandy but very hard to keep clean. Dont use a dark color.>>>Dan
Utclmjmpr  (rufcmpn)
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed

Offline wvanative

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 08:56:46 AM »
I used to run the commercial side of a ServiceMaster Franchise, and we had a bank that had lonpoint Moonwalk in one breakroom, and it was the biggest pain in the butt to clean. I would never put anything in that has a texture to it. I would only put in something with a smooth surface. But if looks is all that is important to you and you don't mind getting down on your hands and knee's to clean then go for it because they do have some nice patterns.

WVaNative   
Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning

Dreamscape

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 06:57:34 PM »
Thanks to all for the responses,

Frank, As I own an Eagle I know nothing about buying anything from MCI. What is the contact, email address or phone number? I really liked the look in your coach, that's the reason for the questions.

I am thinking smooth, no texture or raised pattern. Color not sure, as I have only seen yours and one other.

Arthur, Thanks for the phone number, I will call them when I get home tomorrow and see what is available.

Cliff, Would like to have you visit us in Texas sometime, then maybe you would have yours done and show us the result.  ;) We know of a great place to eat too!

Utahclaimjumper, Why is so hard to keep clean? Is it the color or the material?

Others, Thanks for your invaluable input! That's what I like about this board, lots of answers to questions.

Happy Trails,

Paul

Dreamscape

belfert

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 10:19:42 PM »
For MCI parts, visit www.mcicoach.com and click on the parts tab.  I'm not aware of any email address.  They do have an online parts store anyone can sign up for.  You'll need to call for the part number first as the search function doesn't really work. 

MCI charges $30 to order by phone if less than $100 order total.  I generally call if I can't find a part number in my parts book and then order online as online orders have no minimum order and free freight.

Offline Frank @ TX

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 10:48:24 AM »
Hi Paul,
The nearest supply house for us is:
Louisville KY
502-318-3000
OR
derick.anderson@mcicoach.com

They have about 50 different colors both smooth and textured.
They must have a way for you to see the colors online or send you some samples.
Ours is mainly black with some white and grey spects every once in a while.
Easy to clean and high traction even when wet.
Frank

Dreamscape

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 03:14:56 PM »
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the additional information! ;)

I will try them first, as there material has already been tested, right.

Paul

Offline HB of CJ

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 03:49:21 PM »
Might try going to Home Club or equal/type and check out their usual rubber/matt/tile type floor treatments in the usual colors/types/styles/shapes, etc..  $Inexpensive$ also.  Goood luck.

Offline gus

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 07:10:50 PM »
Believe it or not my '54 4104 still has the original white rubber covering on the steps? It looks a bit old but still hanging in there. We have throw rugs over it but I kind of hate to permanently cover it since all the original entrance stainless steel sides and trim are still there also.

I try to keep as much original stuff as possible since this design is very classy and I'm not biased at all!!
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal