Author Topic: Dallas's Shindig in October  (Read 34384 times)

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
Re: How's Dallas's get together going?
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2006, 04:18:54 AM »
Ace,

Sounds like a great Idea!

Last time I left on Thursday evening and caught some zzz's at the first rest area I hit in Georgia.

Makes the trip up seem shorter, of course I hate burning up a whole day driving!

It took us 8 hours from here, that includes hitting a rest area for the driver and doggy 3 times.

We will have to get our two travel agents together (Julie and Susan) so they can tell us where and when were going. ;D

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Ace

« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2006, 04:21:52 AM »
Sounds like a plan for sure so count me in this time!

Ace... ready to go!

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2006, 06:41:22 AM »
Ace, Cliff and everyone going to Dallas & Cat's gathering in October,
Linda & I and two little puppies will plan to be there at the bus gathering also, I am glad you guys will be able to make it this time Ace.  I wanted to tell you we just bought, or will pay for today if not already gone a 26 ft. Tioga (stick & staple) that we can use until the Eagle is done.  I am tired of having nothing to enjoy ourselves in the present time for real like we have been going without the past 4 years now.  It has everything we need but a DD.  I believe we got it for a good price, has a generator etc., not very quiet but I do not want to get into a refab job similar to what I am now doing on our Eagle so this RV does look really good to us.  So now we will have a real place to stay in of our own and the puppies will be happy to have their own house to go RV'ing in.

Hope Jr, Terry, John and Anita will be there to entertain after supper's etc.

There will be times I am sure that help will be needed to make set ups for meals offered etc. and anyone wishing to volunteer can send Cat or Dallas notification what they would like to do to make it easier for them to make everyone enjoy including themselves.  As Jack and Paula and Dallas & Cat can tell you it takes a lot of planning, stress, hard work and the list of a stressfull gathering like this can wear you out for days I am sure.  If we want this and all gatherings to be a success and have many of them we have to arrange them to be as smooth as possible to the arrangers of a great fun event as this. 

I will suggest to Dallas & Cat that they come up with a list of things over the four days of the event they would like us all to enjoy, then submit this list in numeral order on our MAK bb'd so we can all evaluate where we can help out for an hour or longer if needed every day to make all this less stressful to Dallas & Cat.  I hope we can try and keep this as Intimate as possible as suggested one time a long time ago by Tony Stewart.  Fellowshipping was so much fun and I look forward to it again, I just know this will be a "Little" larger of a gathering though, I feel it.

I hope someone with fund raising experience will come up with a suggestions for funding of this event for food, drinks when we need them etc. to contribute to this event to help Dallas & Cat.  They should not have to carry the burden of using any of their money to arrange this, perhaps suggestions can be sent to Dallas how we can all send $$ contributions near the time of the event to assist them in what needs to be purchased.  Something fair for all above the cost of staying at the campsite.  Carol Lang, Dave's wife was gracious enough at our (Pig Picking) supper to send around a donation jar for anything anyone could give to help pay for the Pig and other food furnished at the supper.  I know they sure appreciated all that was received but thinking ahead by us all can make this so much easier for them to know they do not have to carry the burden of getting anything for our fun gathering out of their pockets.

Actually this can become fun for us all to get involved after a list is prepared and presented of what we can and will do. We can all sit at home and think of ways to contribute to "our" weekend and be involved as a giver as well as a receiver of a very great time.
The time fly's so fast, Lets all contact Dallas & Cat and let them know we will all do what we can to assist no matter how small a donation in effort and also what can be suggested as a fair $$ value donation before the event to assist in preparing the sites etc. that is above the actual cost of entering the campsite.  (This donation is for the arranging and purchasing of anything Dallas & Cat feels is necessary to make us all content that weekend.

Gary

Gary

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2006, 07:12:39 AM »
OK, guys.
I sent out about a dozen messages last night about having the next Get together October 5-8.
I recieved affirmative confirmation from most of them. A couple of the others weren't sure. I haven't heard from one or two yet.
The date was picked because that's the only time Cat can get vacation time plus Jack and Paula will be coming up.
Anybody have any Input?
If there is enough, I'll split this off into a separate topic.
Let me know!
PLUS,  I'm gonna need some help on this one. you, you and you..... just volunteered!

Thanks
Dallas

I do not see anything on the calendar yet!
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Dallas

« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2006, 08:13:23 AM »
OK, guys.
I sent out about a dozen messages last night about having the next Get together October 5-8.
I recieved affirmative confirmation from most of them. A couple of the others weren't sure. I haven't heard from one or two yet.
The date was picked because that's the only time Cat can get vacation time plus Jack and Paula will be coming up.
Anybody have any Input?
Let me know!
PLUS,  I'm gonna need some help on this one. you, you and you..... just volunteered!

Thanks
Dallas

Richard

Richard,
I've been waiting to hear from others before we set a firm date and set up a itinerary. Are you and the Divine Ms. L gonna come?
We won't make you stay in a tent.... Promise. You can have the extra Camp trailer that Gary and Linda stayed in.
Also there are 3 sleeping cabins.
Of course, the whole reason for THIS get together is so the MAK Mods can meet and plan out how to overtake the world through bus conversions!
Hey, that way it would be TAX deductable!

Dallas

PS:
Is it time to make this a separate topic?
DF

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2006, 08:28:34 AM »
OK, guys.
Anybody have any Input?
Let me know!

Thanks
Dallas

Richard

Richard,
I've been waiting to hear from others before we set a firm date and set up a itinerary. Are you and the Divine Ms. L gonna come?
We won't make you stay in a tent.... Promise. You can have the extra Camp trailer that Gary and Linda stayed in.
Also there are 3 sleeping cabins.
Of course, the whole reason for THIS get together is so the MAK Mods can meet and plan out how to overtake the world through bus conversions!
Hey, that way it would be TAX deductable!

Dallas

PS:
Is it time to make this a separate topic?
DF

We are probably going to try to make it. My Daughter and SIL have a 28' travel trailer, so we might bring that if you will have a place where we could park!
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Dallas

« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2006, 08:59:30 AM »
Richard,
Even though we allow S&S into the campground, we may have to put you to the back of the bus! LOL

Sorry, I couldn't resist. And to be PC, there was no offence intended.

Maybe we could get a pair of R&M caps and disguise the trailer? ::) ::) ::)

Anyway, you are more than welcome, at the get together, or before or after! Anytime. I 'll always keep a place for you to stay, notice or not!

That offer goes for anyone that wants to stop by and listen to my lies and guitar beating.

Dallas

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2006, 09:46:39 AM »
Dallas,
    Do you think we should start a new thread so people will know what we are talking about? This threads header seems to suggest we are talking about your last Gathering. 
    Everyone likes the small ralllies (myself included), but since EVERYONE wants to come to a small rally, they soon become big rallies.  I am sure this is going to grow, how many sites do you have available?. Also I suggest you sit down, figure your expenses per coach and charge a rally fee payable in advance. As the rally grows, you will be surprised how much of your money you have to use prior to the rally.  Another reason to collect in advance is so that if the weather turns really bad at the last minute and you have a lot of cancellations, you are left holding the bill for a lot of expenses. With our rallies, we offer a small discount if rally fee is paid at least 30 days prior to the event. This gives you working capital for the "up front" expenses.  Please feel free to email or call if you want to discuss this in more detail.  Jack

We're going to Dalla & Cat's Party  Yeah!!!!
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Dallas

« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2006, 10:00:20 AM »
Jack,
I've been mentioning it in most of these posts, but am not sure how to do it and save these other posts to populate it with.
I'm just an old, dumb, country boy and don't know about this fancy stuff.
Maybe You or Richard or Nick would know?
As a last resort, I could ask Phil, but he's really busy.
Dallas

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #54 on: May 26, 2006, 10:06:43 AM »
Dallas,
      Yeah, I know what you mean about an old dumb country boy- ME too (and damn proud of it!!!).  I think Phil is gone for the weekend or busy getting ready to be gone for ther weekend.  Maybe Nick or Richard know how to do that.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

El-Sonador

Dallas's Shindig in October
« Reply #55 on: May 26, 2006, 10:16:36 AM »
Dallas/Jack....

NOTE: You could ask Busted Knuckle to go in and MODIFY his very first post, as he would need to be consulted first as the original starter of this thread, I'm sure he would not mind anyways, but he should be asked first even though you may have the moderating power to do it unilaterally. This also goes for splitting up the post already posted to his thread. Just a polite way of doing business on boards. Your call about how you want to run a board...

He can change the Subject Line to reflect what it is you want to do now without losing any of the post already posted here.

Steve

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2006, 10:34:03 AM »
Dallas,
      Yeah, I know what you mean about an old dumb country boy- ME too (and damn proud of it!!!).  I think Phil is gone for the weekend or busy getting ready to be gone for ther weekend.  Maybe Nick or Richard know how to do that.  Jack

Hey, you do not know what old country boys are till you come to West By God Virginia.

I did manage somehow to get the main topic changed though as requested.
Richard

Dallas

Re: Dallas's Shindig in October
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2006, 10:38:04 AM »
Thanks Richard!!!!
and after that, I have to say.... OOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPS
My last post was suppose to go to Steve, not to the board.
Hmm, I'll have to figure out what I did wrong.
In fact, I'll delete that one and try it somewhere else.

Dallas

NCbob

« Reply #58 on: May 26, 2006, 02:27:14 PM »
I guess I'll finally be able to put the faces with the names.  Jackie and I are DEFINITELY going to make this next one.

Dallas, Jack is right.  You need to establish the date and get the MONEY!  Fun is fun...but you and Cat are the ones who have to work your butts off and lay the money out in advance.  We've all got 5 months to decide whether or not we're going to be able to attend.  Set it up so the monies are paid in advance and cancellations might (I say might) be accepted up to, say 15 days prior to the opening day (subject to terms).

Nobody knows better than BusNuts that it costs money to refurbish, convert,  maintain and travel with these old queens.  There's been comment about not 'going commercial' with your shindig.  My guess is that the reason that most 'go commerical' is to offset the losses of setting it up, pre-buying the 'whatever', and just plain getting sick and tired of reaching into your own pocket.

You can keep it commercial free, if that's your desire.  Just don't be afraid to "ASK FOR THE MONEY"! 

While it may be 'hail good fellow' and  all that...it's a business and 'the business of business is profit'!  You might be putting the  South Eastern U.S. Bussin' and RV'in community on the map for your kids.  Think about it.

It's the old story...."ya wanna dance?  Ya gotta pay the fiddler"!  I might play a bit of left handed guitar but I don't know anyone who can really play the fiddle (except Charlie Daniels)!

NCbob

Ace

« Reply #59 on: May 26, 2006, 03:57:15 PM »
Bob I agree that the money is, and should be paid up front whether the attendees show up or not. It takes money to get there, AND have the fun stuff in place once you arrive but keeping it commercial free is what I feel is a plus. If it becomes commercial, count me out. We already have one that is handling all that. If you check back before bussin was started it was a thought ( mine personally ) that was posted here on the public bus nut BB's that actually started out as being for "HOME BUS CONVERSIONS" ONLY and that's the way it started out THANKS to Jack Conrad who iniated it all  by taking the time and expense and put it all together. As time went on, he brought in vendors and more busses came and then more vendors and more busses. Even though I enjoy going to Bussin', mainly to see old friends (yes I DO have some) and to get away from it all, it has really gotten too big for where it's at. You kind of get the feeling your cramped and you never really get to meet and greet everyone that attends. Again let me say, it's fun for the most part but the personal touch has kind of left. The rodeo grounds that it was first held at were much more fun but it was a LOT smaller. Everyone met everyone and saw everything! Jack has done a wonderful job as well as all the other people that help him but when you have a rally that has individual meetings of different clubs at different times in different areas, and commercial vendors selling their wares, to me it's more like a bus convention than a rally! I know I'll get flamed for this but it's my opinion, nothing else and I hope Jack understands what I'm trying to say!
Keep it small with home conversions and non commercial vendors and it will be more fun amongst more friends!

Ace

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal